Chair Redo


We have a place here in Burlington called the Reuse Center. Essentially, it's my DIY Heaven on Earth. For really super duper cheap you can find tons of amazing items to spruce up, redo, and morph into whatever it is your little heart is looking for. So naturally when I came across this wood chair for five bucks (that had a tag attached it which read "Needs Work"come on now? awe!) I was sold. All this poor chair needed was a little TLC and I was more than willing to give it what it needed.

So off I went; I took off the disgusting seat, laid down some newspaper and got ready to paint the frame. Prior to sprucing up the chair I knew that in my head I pictured using it next to our Dessert Dresser at the wedding. This would mean picking a colour that would somehow coordinate with our wedding vision and add some sass to our venue. And surprise surprise my neighbour helped me pick the most delicious and yummy hued pink known to woman. I wanted to eat it all up.


     Paint, paint, paint! I feel like I've been doing a lot of painting lately...


I did one coat of the oil based paint on the chair and am considering banging the chair up a bit to make it look more vintage. What do you think? And I also feel the need to explain something. I am not by any means a professional upholster. I actually have never really upholstered anything before in my life. So it is fair to say that I did quite the amateur job of staple gunning some gray fabric to the seat that came with the chair.


 I simply went around the edges stapling the fabric in place with a staple gun, making sure to pull each edge very tight to prevent creases or wrinkles on the front of the cushion. The corners were a tad tricky to cover because they are indented in the wood to fit the frame but even though the underbelly of the seat looks messy the top turned out beautifully! Hey, I 'm a tad biased after all, right?


Place the finished seat on the chair and voila. The prettiest and cheapest pink chair a girl could ever want!


What will I do with this chair you ask? We are planning on putting it next to our Dessert Dresser stocked full of tasty treats. And on top of the chair will be a mirrored platter. And on top of that will be chocolate dipped Oreo cookies. And mini little sugar cookies shaped as hearts covered in pale pink royal icing. And you know what? I just can't wait for this whole thing to come together. Enjoy the rest of your night my blogettes, I have 10 sleeps left until I am a Mrs! Sleeping through the night is getting increasingly difficult thanks to my overwhelming excitement and overactive imagination :)

23 Lovely Comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Awwww, such a special time....enjoy enjoy enjoy! Love the chair and your imagination!

Unknown said...

It's so pretty! Love the colors. =)

Shelley said...

love the result! it has that great antique vibe but it looks so bright!

Tatiana said...

I love how every thing in your wedding is YOURS! Another fabulous idea.

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hi baby, this wedding is going to be one for the record books! I wish I could be papparazzi for you LOL! You are going to be the gorgeous you that you are such a natural at being (OMG readers, do we love this lady's engagement shots or what?!)

This darling chair is just another example of your creative genius personified. Do I need to get my people in contact with your people so we can start collaborating together missy? :) Just a thought!

You know I love you my sweet, hope you got my text, let me know if there is anything I can do at all to help you prep for your BIG DAY!!

YAAYYAAY~ Sweet Rhi and Apb!!!!!! xoxo

EMBELLISH said...

Beautiful Transformation!

Ashley said...

honestly, rhi, your dyi projects are so inspiring! love this one so much! i need to start digging around thrift stores and craft places and get creative!!

happy wednesday!

Unknown said...

I really want to do this and you make it look so easy I am inspired to actually do it. Thanks!

and flowers pick themselves said...

so gorgeous! i love that shade.

xo Alison

Blair McLeod said...

dang girlie! can you come do some work at my place!! love this.

p.s. have a little surprise on my blog today for all the blogs i have ever "wiggled"-- of course that includes you! xo

Liesl said...

Looking good! Love your blog and just wanted to let you know that I awarded you with the Sunshine Blog Award! :)

http://fabulousfashions4sensiblestyle.blogspot.com/2010/09/sunshine-blog-award.html

Liesl :)

Unknown said...

Only 10 sleeps left......EEEP!!!! SO exciting!!!

The chair is so pretty, I love all these little extra touches you have worked on.

Big hugs to you sweetie xoxo

I BLEED PINK said...

Love the way the chair came out. That pink is so dreamy!!!

My excitement for you guys is crazy!!!

Scientific Housewife said...

Great job, I love it!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I'm in love with this chair ~ my sweet little crumb would go nuts for the perfect pink chair!

Just discovered your blog, and I'm smitten!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

How very lovely. Such a pretty color! Miss ya lady! I hear ya on being swamped. : )

living well said...

Looks great! Very creative!

Michelle Ellen Lee said...

Sigh... everything you touch is golden. You need your own TV show.

Natalie said...

It looks amazing! I'm so inspired...you did such a great job!

Slamdunk said...

You have the creative touch--excellent work with the chair.

Unknown said...

Turned out great, my love!

www.meg-land.blogspot.com
xx

theUngourmet said...

It's just darling! You are right, that is the perfect pink! The Reuse Center sounds like so much fun to explore. :)

Kat said...

What a pretty chair, it will be such a nice personal touch! Thank you for the step by step!