Our Engagement Photos


They're here they're here they're here! And words cannot describe how incredibly amazing out engagement photos turned out. I had no doubts that Amanda and Kyle Wilcher would do such a divine job of capturing Apb and I's love and well the proof is in the photos. Thank you Amanda and Kyle for your gift of capturing such magic. We love our photos and you two! Can't wait for the big day :) Enjoy looking at our photos blogettes and stay tuned for the rest of our two-day shoot! xo


We started the day out at Navy Pier but unfortunately torrential Hurricane Katrina style winds and rain literally prevented us from heading outside to get some shots. We did however get this amazing photo during a break from the storm and it ended up being one of my total faves. I remember whispering things to APB here like why are all these people staring at us? Perhaps it's the giant bunch of balloons perfectly matching my outfit, no? :)





So thanks to the rain we prolonged my stay in Chicago and woke up at 4 am on Sunday to catch some dreamy light downtown. And thank goodness for that because Amanda and Kyle captured some fabulous shots that I am honestly in awe over. We came across this yellow staircase and thought it would be quite appropriate. And you should have seen Amanda on Kyle's shoulders shooting the arrow shot. Eeep! Love it.


This photo takes my breath away. From Apb's expression to the backdrop of the city which is so magical looking it almost looks fake, to our hug - it's perfect. And then Amanda went one step further and copy and pasted some excerpts from a blog post I dedicated to Andrew almost a year ago. She is so sweet. Love is sweet! I cried a bit when I first saw this photo (to read the little blurb better head over to the post on Amanda's blog).


After some windy shots by the lake we did a quick outfit change (well I did - stay tuned for more photos including Apb's final outfit change) and headed over to the park where the Taste of Chicago is held. We did some playful shots here and had a complete blast trying to make sure my dress didn't fly up; oh and poor Amanda was covered in goose poop. Sigh. I like to think it was totally worth it for these...



In case you wondering, I used to be a gymnast. I competed all the way through University so naturally we had to get some sort of acrobatics in a few of the shots. I love that shot of me jumping in the air while Apb looks on so nonchalantly; the only downside was trying to get my silly dress to stay down. My Mom wants a copy of that photo to hang on her wall :) I adore it! Enjoy the rest of your day lovelies and stay tuned for more photos once we get the disk! You can check out the rest of Amanda's photo yumminess over on her blog. Do check it out. You will fall in love xo  

68 Lovely Comments:

Blair McLeod said...

these are TO DIE FOR beatiful! so creative and colorful. y'all are perfectly cute together. and girl - you have got some killer legs!

LOVE THESE & just a we bit jealous i don't have engagement shots like this.

oh and re: your tweet about wedding planning. my boss is a wedding planner on the side -- let me know if you want her email. she is awesome at it!

Unknown said...

Oh Rhi, these are A-MAZ-ING!!!! Absolutely gorgeous....you must be THRILLED!!!

I love the shots with the writing on....and the gymnast shot, WOW!!!

You my sweetheart, are just gorgeous - you make a beautiful couple.

These are so brilliant, I can't even imagine what your wedding shots will be like LOL!!!

Going back for another look now...and another few tears probably!!

xoxo

Lou said...

Rhi - Ummmm actually I am speechless and I also gasped out loud at the one of you jumping...seriously! I love them. Love the whole thing. I am just so excited for the wedding shots now. You look like perfection together. Your friend Lou x

Lou said...

And P.S. the one of you with the wind in your hair and the writing is exquisite... xxx

Tatiana said...

I am in love! These are some of the most amazing engagement pictures ever. Vibrant, romantic, just outstanding! It makes me want to take go and have a photo shoot of just me and my husband again. And your outfits- LOVE them! I totally agree with wild and precious...KILLER legs!

Beautiful beautiful photos.

Unknown said...

WOW! Good things come to those who wait! They are absolutely gorgeous and the colors are intoxicating. I'm definitely impressed by the gymnast skills too!

Rachel
xoxo

Liesl said...

This is SO exciting!!! I had to comment first and now I'm going back to fully enjoy them! Yippeee!!!

Liesl :)

Anonymous said...

HOLY CUTE. I LOVE how these turned out! Sweet jump, too!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads

Liesl said...

Oh my goodness, I'm back...hehe...those are truly BEAUTIFUL and like out of a magazine! I am loving the feelings they create, the colors and your adorable dresses and outfits...LOVE!!! So exited for you and can't wait to see more!!! Thank you for sharing!

Liesl :)

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, amazing, BEAUTIFUL! You two look so in LoVe and just perfect for each other!

Unknown said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I had no doubt! Love your shoes too! You are going to make such a beautiful bride!

Hugs girl!

Unknown said...

THESE ARE THE MOST AMAZING PHOTO'S EVER!!! Just so stunning, I can't get over it! :)

xx

Lindsay said...

oh my gosh!! I'm so excited. These are amazing!!!!

Destined For Now said...

These are the most amazing and lovely photos I have seen. What a great artist who captured these.

Kerry said...

RHIANNON! These are so GORGEOUS! I love, love, love the shots of the two of you on the yellow staircase - they just work. And the one of you looking off to the side with the quote. You look stunning!

gmontalvo13 said...

these are amazing! absolutely love them!

Mommara said...

Amazing! I can not wait to see the rest. I love the last one and the one with the balloons!

Rachel said...

UM seriously these are TO.DIE.FOR. SO gorgeous! Look how pretty you are! And what a cutie he is! I totally can't wait to have engagement pics done...I know y'all had such a blast! Congrats, dear!

Anonymous said...

How did I come across you!? Wow - the wanderings of a blogger and I am truly glad I found you today - your images are just absolutely breathtaking. wowowwow!
The words you have written to each other make my nose crinkle - thank you for sharing these - memories forever.

Caroline said...

WOW!!! These are beautiful and I love how the pictures seem to capture you guys. I obviously don't know you other than through blogging but your personality jumps right out. I am so excited for the two of you!! You are a such a doll. Hugs to you and CONGRATS. Enjoy every moment and pay attention to the small things ... those are what you will remember. Oh and I love the photo with the balloons. XO

Style, She Wrote said...

These are wonderful. So happy I found your blog. My sister -- and co-editor -- is getting married and needs some ideas for her engagement pics. I will be sure to show her these! xo style, she wrote http://www.styleshewrote.com

Unknown said...

LOVE these, especially the yellow ones. She did an amazing job!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Gorgeous pictures! What a special memory to always have with photos so well done!

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

So cute! I love them!

Francis Family said...

BAAH!! Holy cuteness!!!! I was wondering where these were!! I seriously LOVE the 3rd last picture with your legs wrapped around him. THE BEST! Oh and yes the jumping one, amazing!!! All of them are SERIOUSLY awesome! I can't wait to see the rest!
ps: also think your the cutest girl ever! You guys makes such a cute couple!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Oh my babygirl, you must be BEYOND THRILLED with these absolutely exquisite photos! You just couldn't be more stunning if you tried, and I especially love the ones of your sweet little giggles, just when you think the camera isn't watching.

You and your hubby to be make an amazingly gorgeous couple (and somewhere down the line I know will make beautiful babies Teeheeee! No rush!) I just couldn't be happier for you precious heart, it's almost here, Sept. 24, our anniversary connection forever!

I love you sweetie and am thinking of you every day! Wish I could be there to fluff your gown and give you a smooch before you walk down the aisle! xoxox

Unknown said...

I adore these! The ones with the quotes look like a magazine! You are so gorgeous (and good God, flexible!!). XX!

Unknown said...

I can't pick a favorite- each is so fabulous! These are photos to treasure forever.

Punctuation Mark said...

you look gorgeous and he looks really good too... my faves are those of you kissing with the sailboats on the background... very very romantic!

Closet full of hopes and dreams said...

Wow!!! You are such a beautiful couple and your love just totally shines through these pictures! The pictures are awesome! WOW!!!!!

Lana {lanalou style} said...

Wow, incredible photos, congratulations!!!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

These are the neatest engagement photos I've ever seen! My favorite is the one of y'all on the steps. You're in the yellow dress.

P.S. Your calves are RIPPED girl! :)

Jennifer Rose said...

those are gorgeous!! such wonderful shots of the 2 of you :D

Scientific Housewife said...

Those are amazing! I love them :)

_ffyona said...

So very gorgeous girlfriend. These engagement photos are gem. We have been missing out. I hope all is good and going great! Sending good vibes and xo over!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Absolutely beautiful, the photos are beautiful and you my dear are beautiful and what a beautiful couple. Congrats sweetie

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Amazing shots!!!! Love the yellow dress!!! :)

Shelley said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!! they seriously look like they belong in a magazine! you should be so proud of how they turned out!

oh man, these are perfect

its simple love said...

Holy moly. These are too good to be true! i am so jealous! I might have to re-post these with your permission. Wow how can you chose one to use for the announcement? You should send a booklet of photos for the announcement.

Rachael

Emilee Joy said...

AMAZINGGGG!!!!!! I can't wait to see your fabulous wedding photos as well, Rhi. You are going to make one gorgeous bride :)

I BLEED PINK said...

OMG GIRL!!! OMG...OMG..OMG!! These need to be in a bridal magazine they are truly amazing. You guys picked the perfect photographer, but you guys are also the cutest couple!!!

LOVE THEM TO PIECES!!!

and flowers pick themselves said...

beautiful, dear. really, really gorgeous. i love the bright contrast and the clothes and the general sweetness.

:)

xo Alison

clearlytangled said...

these are so, so, so fabulous! love everything about them. great settings, outfits... you are two are too cute. xoxo

April {April Foster Events} said...

speechless.

Lori said...

These are incredible shots ~ and I love the one of your acrobatic move ~ you go girl!! I think I would kill for your legs! Never got a chance to comment on your peaches post ~ aren't they heavenly.... So excited for you ~ I love weddings you know.

Gracie said...

Oh my goodness!! These are just perfectly beautiful!! They turned out just amazingly. I adore that one of you jumping. It's perfect!

And all your sweet outfits too :)

P.S. Thanks for joining my giveaway !

theUngourmet said...

These are all so darling! I love the one where you are holding the turquoise and white balloons. So sweet and romantic!

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

So very beautiful! Congratulations :)

<3
K

Halle & Macy Emerick said...

Breathtaking- you are beautiful, inside and out! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!

annelise said...

These are some freaking gorgeous photos! You must be so, so happy with them. Beautiful

The Girl said...

Pretty darn adorable - love the shoes, good evolution to what we know the wedding shoes are!! :)

And you are teeny tiny - looks like a fun shoot!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

well my jaw is OFFICIALLY on the damn floor- these are GORGEOUS, so gorgeous. I love everything about them- your outfits, your expressions, his stalwartness... ahhh, I love it. What I love the most? They're in Chicago- my favorite place ever. Seriously- these are stunning as are you! Congrats on the engagement

little luxury list said...

Wow, unbelievably gorgeous shots Rhi. Seriously from the leaping shot to the perfect blue skies to those laughs - love it!

Ashley said...

incredible. incredible.incredible.

these are by far some of the best shots i've ever seen. love them! i love shots with movement and what i like to call "ugly beautiful" like the streets arrows and the metal stairs. amazing!

and yellow is my fav color so i adored that dress. and girl, your calf muscles??? so jealous.

hope you enjoyed the experience!!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Wow, those are just stunning. Love them!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Sweetie these are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Seriously I'm blown away. And look at you and those moves! I can see your gymnast ways. I'm so impressed :)

Hope you're having a great week, love xoxo

Mary said...

Wow! Gorgeous gorgeous pictures! You really are a beautiful couple, and yes, killer legs!!

Michelle Ellen Lee said...

HOLY KILLER CALVES!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome e-session, you guys are stunning.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

OMG Rhi! how did I miss these, they are stunning, STUNNING!!!!

Rachael Sedory said...

OMG these are incred! I am a photography SNOB and I am looovvviiinnnggg these! I'm so happy for you! I can't imagine how exciting it would be to frame these and put them around the house. Love it!

Unknown said...

very beautiful!!

http://tomberamoureuxde.blogspot.com/

Truly Smitten said...

WOW!!!! these are AMAZING shots!!! I LOVE the photo of you jumping in mid-air!

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Fabulous pictures! The jumping shot is amazing! Have a great weekend xx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Fabulous pictures! The jumping shot is amazing! Have a great weekend xx

Bonnie said...

These are absolutely romantic, beautiful, inspiring, gorgeous, awesome, thrilling, dream-worthy, swoon-worthy, and all in all amazing. I love them.

http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/

Jidhu Jose said...

Wow...Romantic

Bri said...

I just discovered these, and they are absolutely stunning! What a beautiful, candid capture of your love - I'm especially fond of your acrobatic jump!

Nicole-Lynn said...

I don't think I have the patience to see if I've already commented but DANNNG girl these are amazing! Look at your calves in the jumping pic, super jealous! haha Gorgeous though, simply gorgeous. I HOPE you have like ALL of these framed in your house! I already know you have the canvas of what your guests signed, but seriously all of these need a frame!