Gorgeous Winery Wedding by Jill Thomas


One of my most favourite things about the blogging world, is connecting with incredible people who are warm, kind and super easy to chat with. Even better, is finding other bloggers who share similar passions as you do. I recently connected with Liz from Portland to Peonies (well we met via the net but I remember finding her blog many moons ago and am not sure why we have taken so long to connect until now!) Liz got hitched this past summer to the love of her life and since she's so sweet and had the loveliest wedding ever, I asked her if I could brag about her wedding here. Thankfully she said yes :) The fabulous Jill Thomas captured the big day which was infused with incredible details, the most perfect simplicity and of course lots and lots of love.


Can I just admit how much I adore mix matched bridesmaids dresses?! Gah, why didn't I think of that?! The flowers were done by family members and the bride's mother designed and handmade the brides gorgeous lace gown. Liz told her Ma she wanted cap sleeves and heavy lace and she got this dreamy one of a kind gown that fit her to a T. Combined with her soft curls, flower hair pin and incredible looks; oh Liz! You looked just beautiful! Not to mention your bridesmaids are pretty gorg too.


The couple also opted for a first look prior to the ceremony and Liz has nothing but incredible things to say about the experience. Thanks to the extra time the first look provided the two love birds were able to take lots of fabulous portraits together amongst the incredible scenery of the winery. I love love love the above image (for more drool-worthy pics of the first look and portraits you must go see the full recap Liz did over at her blog!) And as a first-look bride myself I have to admit it's quite the magical experience.

 

I love the long wood tables and organic flower bunches that perfectly tie in with the other rustic elements. Every little touch is absolutely perfect. Liz says that the way the tables were set up meant her and her new hubby could sit back and watch the rest of their guests enjoy their food and the company of one another. This allowed them both to soak in the fact that their big day had finally arrived after all of those months of planning. She also said that the food was to.die.for. And I have to admit I am a tad jealous of the super rad fry truck that came as a surprise at the end of the night. I tried so very hard to get a fry truck to stop by our venue the night of our wedding but policies in our contracted prevented us from doing so. Liz, I will just live vicariously through you and your fry truck :)


Congrats Liz and Corey! Here's to many more fabulous years of happiness and lurve! Liz thanks for sharing your big day and for being such a lovely new blogging friend. 

{Vendors}
Catering: Voila Catering
Invitations: Cricket Printing
Cake: Michelle's Custom Cakery
Photographer: Jill Thomas Photography
Brides Dress: Bride's Mom, Elizabeth Kollo

And to all the rest of my readers, I hope everyone is having an amazing week so far. Apb is visiting me on Thursday and it's the first time I have seen him since our honeymoon. I think it's going to be a great weekend :) xo P.S. thank you for the kind words and messages on my post yesterday guys. I have the sweetest blog friends ever! 

23 Lovely Comments:

Jennifer said...

SO SO SO gorgeous and fun!!!!
Enjoy your time this weekend :) :)

Caroline said...

What a beautiful wedding. Oh and by the way I want to be your best friend as well :)!!! I love blogging for the same reasons as you do. XO gorgeous!

Tatiana said...

Oh my, I love the guestbook idea! And her dress is gorgeous! Everything about that wedding is a perfect. She's adorable.
I love making new friends though blogging. It's so fun to see who is out there.

gfs said...

oh my this is just stunning! love the different bridesmaid dresses in similar tones!

Liz said...

Somehow your recap of our wedding brought tears to my eyes! You are the sweetest and I am SO glad we have met (if only over the net!). Someday I hope we can meet in person because I'm SURE we would be the best of friends!

Thank you again for featuring our day!!!

P.S. SO exciting you get to see your hubs this weekend! Yay love! :)

Liesl said...

I was just thinking about how I might enjoy a winery wedding one day...very whimsical and cute!

Liesl :)

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

OMG Her dress was my DREAM dress! I had it in a file for months before we even got engaged but then when I went to try it on I kind of sort of looked like a linebacker. She, however, looks just as adorable in it as I had hoped I would- perhaps even more so :) GORGE, LOVE!

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Just re-read and saw that her MOM designed and sewed it? Wellll that is half true...it was def based on an oscar de la renta...and it def EVEN BETTER than the one designed by mr dlr...impressive.

Marcie said...

Amazing. From the ring, to the bride's hair to the bridesmaid dresses, I love this wedding! Thanks for sharing.

xo M

Lou said...

Hi Rhi - I follow Liz's blog (maybe I found it through yours?) and anyway I agree that these pictures are just to die for. Gorgeousness. She is so pretty and the setting wonderful. I loved the non-matching bridesmaids dresses too - so good for expressing personalities without straying too far from the theme. It's always kinda sad when you see a set of bridesmaids who have been shoe-horned into the same dress irrespective of size and style. Anyhow - these wedding images are lovely. Lou x

Joie de Viv said...

What a gorgeous and wholly sentimental and beautiful wedding! Your friend is just so lovely and I'm amazed by the dress her mom made! This wedding is too drool-worthy. Thanks for sharing and glad you get to see your honey soon!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Just beautiful! So glad you posted these :)

Ashley said...

i am always a big fan of mismatched bridemaids dresses. i love for girls to show their since of style!

Katriin said...

Beautiful!!
the snapshot=guestbook is a great idea...i was in a wedding one time with the video guestbook..me and my brother made a little improve acting sketch where I sung a song,,,,eemm needless to say,I hope they destroyd the tapes :) hahahaahaa

Unknown said...

every last detail is absolutely lovely! i keep looking at the photos because i notice something else each time.

christine, just bella said...

ohmygosh, I can't believe her mom made her dress!! It is so unbelievably beautiful. I'm totally in love with the mismatched bridesmaids dresses too! Such a beautiful wedding and a beautiful post.

You are making me want to get married again!! Is it faux pas to renew your vows every 5 years? ;)

katie walker said...

ohh my goodness this was such a beautiful wedding!! i absolutely adore the mismatched bridesmaids dresses!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I can't get over how fabulous those bridesmaids look!

Southern Bride Magazine said...

So beautiful! We just did a shoot at a winery not long ago and it was so amazing!!!

Unknown said...

SO gorgeous! Everything is lovely!

www.meg-land.blogspot.com
xx

Debbie said...

That is one of the prettiest weddings I have ever seen photos of! Love those bridesmaid dresses.

Sara Lee Bentley said...

This is gorgeous! Actually... your whole site is! I just stumbled upon it and can't stop oh-ing and ah-ing from all of these, well... gorgeous photos you post! I'm following now -- come visit and follow too if you like :)

Oh, My Darling said...

What a lovely wedding! Love all the pretty details.