Rut.

Lately I've been in a rut. Feeling a bit down about some small unfortunate things in my life. Things that I let get the best of me. Things that at the end of the day really don't mean much at all. And today when I really felt upset and frustated at the said small things, I got to thinking about the people who love me, the food in my belly, the roof over my head, the car in my driveway, the clothes in my closest, the country I live in, the freedom, the health, the life I get to live; and suddenly I felt so silly for ever letting myself be so selfish. I am blessed. Found this pretty photo here. Made me smile. In my heart.

23 Lovely Comments:

Marcie said...

I am feeling the same way. Maybe it is the weather. A good song helps me too.

Love your photos.

xo M

Anonymous said...

That photo is gorgeous! I felt like that last week. I had to force myself to get on the treadmill... it helped... now that I think about it I haven't been on it since... ha! (Opening the Halloween candy perked me up too... besides.. the trick or treaters have enough). xo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Gorgeous, sweetie! I have to say that I've felt the exact same way lately. I've been saying I have the fall blues. I think I've been able to snap out of it finally after a nice weekend. I hope it doesn't come back though. This photo certainly puts a smile on my face :)

Have a wonderful evening, honey! xoxo

Slamdunk said...

I hope you feel better soon Rhiannon.

jessica lynn said...

i am going thru the exact same thing...just feeling a little sad and caught up in the low points of life. i keep telling myself to get over it and remember how lucky i am! its nice to know that someone else is in a rut too. :)

christine, just bella said...

I think everyone can relate to feeling this way. Sometimes it takes a little rut to make you remember the little things that make you happy.

This photo made me smile today too, so thanks for that! I hope you're feeling better soon.


Keep smiling!
:) Christine

Shelley said...

that picture is so beautiful! hopefully things will pick up soon :)

Jesse said...

The world is your oyster friend. Big hugs to you!

Rachael Sedory said...

I get in those ruts too where I feel sorry for myself and focus on all the things I wish were different. How precious that you're able to focus on the positive and blessings in your life. That always pulls me out too!

Liesl said...

What an honest and beautiful post! I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to hear things like this because I too have found myself in the same sort of rut you are talking about and I know how that feels, and I often feel silly in those times too because I have such an amazing life and family and am beyond lucky!

Just know that you are wonderful, and I have been so thankful to have found you out in blog land! You write the most wonderful messages and comments that make me and my heart smile!

I'm sending you a few extra smiles and sending lots of happy thoughts your way! :) :) :)

Liesl :)

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

It always feels so good to let our heart smile ~ keep it up! Beautiful image!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I love this picture!! I think we all get in a rut sometime, but it is great we can appreciate the things around us! Great post!

annelise said...

Everyone is allowed to complain every once in a while and ruts happen to the best of people. You gave me some good advice a little while ago: baths and milkshakes. I don't think either can fail.

xx

Lou said...

Hello sweet - I was worried there might be some post-wedding blues as it was such an awesome build up. There just had to be abit of build down - maybe it's that? I know what you mean when the littlest things get to you - it's really hard to keep perspective sometimes. Wish I was there to have a cuppa tea and a chat. Lou x

Katy ~ said...

I agree with Marcie, good music helps. So does doing something nice for someone else. Or for yourself. Perhaps the Universe is trying to telling you to look inside yourself and see what's missing? HUGS! You know me, I think you're perfect just the way you are.

I BLEED PINK said...

I completely understand what your feeling! But as you stated looking at the good things in your life, quickly can snap you out of that rut. Good Family and now a Wonderful husband, and soon to be amazing business, girl you got it!!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I know it's cliche, but I'm really trying not to sweat the small stuff. Sometimes I just need to remember how many good things there are in my life. Hope things look up for you ASAP!

little luxury list said...

Hugs my dear. Remember to hope and push for better times (see my post from yesterday!)
It's tough but you will get through it and with the support of amazing people.

Ashley said...

aw gurl, i know just how you feel. i've been in a rut myself lately and it's hard to acknowledge all you've got going for you sometimes. i've totally been there.

so i usually call up a pal, get some take out and laugh lots!

Liz said...

I can totally relate to this. Sometimes it's so easy for me to get wrapped up in my tiny little world and get SO upset over the silliest things... They feel so big to me until I look around and think about how fortunate I am in so many ways. Sounds like you may be coming out of your rut, and hooray for that :) You're too fabulous to be in a rut! hehe

Lori said...

I just commented on another blog that I feel the same way and I said to myself ~ already??!! After our wedding I crashed ~ I think because all I thought about before the big day was everything wedding and then after it was over it was like what do I do now?? Take a deep breath and focus on the good and I am here if you need a hug. xo

CINCHED AT THE WAIST said...

I simply remember my favorite things, and now i dont feel so baaaad!

Oh, My Darling said...

This is such a wonderfully inspiring post! It's fantastic that you were able to have such a positive perspective, despite the rut.