Pumpkin Seeds


In my opinion one of the best parts of carving pumpkins is getting to season, roast and eat the leftover seeds. Each year, I silently hope for my pumpkin to be chalk full of plump seeds when I cut open the top. Luckily for me this years pumpkin yielded an impressive amount of yummies. And I have to say, I am nibbling on the seeds as I type this that's how tasty they turned out. If you haven't roasted your seeds yet, lucky for you here's the recipe I used for mine. And if you have, I'm sure you could get some discount pumpkins on your local grocery tomorrow just to make a delicious new batch of seeds :)

1/4 cup of olive oil
few dashes of balsamic vinegar
1 spoonful of sugar
salt and pepper to taste
sprinkle of bread dipping spices

Rinse and wash your pumpkin seeds in a strainer to remove large pieces of pulp and pumpkin. Let dry on a dish towel before seasoning and baking. In a large bowl combining all of your seasoning ingredients, stirring to combine. Taste to make sure the mixture tastes according to your likes. Pour in dry, raw seeds and stir to coat seeds completely. Line two baking sheets with coated seeds, making sure to spread the seeds out evenly. Bake in a 250 degree preheated oven until seeds are lightly brown and toasty. Cool and enjoy. Keep in a seal tight container for up to a week. Happy Halloween! 

17 Lovely Comments:

Erin Wallace said...

I roasted a bunch of pumpkin seeds last night. I'm not so keen on pumpkin carving but it's the way to get the seeds, so I do it every year!

xo Erin

Liesl said...

I could not agree more!!! My friend and I roasted some after carving our pumpkin last night...YUM! Happy Halloween, lovely!

Liesl :)

Caroline said...

I love roasted pumpkin seeds mmmm with a little cayene pepper yum yum!! Sending you hugs!! And Happy Halloween!

Nicole-Lynn said...

I love roasted pumpkin seeds!

Scientific Housewife said...

I was in a hurry this year and didn't roast my seeds but last year I had 3 different flavors and they were awesome :)

Debbie said...

I've never added the balsamic vinegar. Sounds great.

christine, just bella said...

YUM. This is inspiring me to go home and crack open my pumpkins! I love pumpkin seeds, thanks for the recipe!

Happy Monday to you!
:) Christine

Sara Lee Bentley said...

That sounds so yummy and I haven't done so in years! Makes me want to buy another pumpkin just to get the seeds out!

Wendy said...

Mmmm, Mmmmm, good! Unfortunately we didn't make any this year! We were in too big of a hurry to get our pumpkins carved before it was time to trick-or-treat, so we didn't take the time to get the seeds! Bummer! :(

Blair McLeod said...

i wish i had your photography skills. i skipped a pumpkin this year... what was i thinking!!

email coming your way soon! promise!

k said...

oh these are so so good!

thanks for your fun comment, we should def be friends! haha :)

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I'm right there with you! Love them!!! I'm off to roast some seeds now :)

Happy Monday, sweetie! xoxo

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I totally gorged myself on roasted seeds last night. SO yummy!

Ashley said...

yummmmmmm! i love the balsamic touch!

Oh, My Darling said...

Pumpkin seeds are such a treat!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love pumpkin seeds!

STYLE'N said...

Your pictures are seriously amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog...now I have found yours and following!