The Best Vows


"I will kill the spiders, I will share my fries with you when you're finished all yours and are still hungry. I won't ever pop my collar. I will never be rude to your tummy when I hear it growl and gurgle. I promise to bend down and reply respectfully. I will eat the mushrooms when we order the supreme pizza. I will kiss the papercuts and the door-slammed finger and the counter-bumped hip. I'll try my hardest not to get annoyed when you whisper questions and comments during movies. I will be the big spoon. I will let you win at wrestling, sometimes. Other times I will not. I will pull when you want and tease you when you don't. I will send you random texts and leave you silly gifts, not on schedule. Just whenever I want to. Whenever I think you need one, or seven. I will check your tire pressure. And remind you to take your car in. I will hold your hand. I will love you. I will love you. I will love you." - Anonymous, photo via.

Sometime the little things in this life, speaks loads of truth to me about my own journey, destination and personal relationships. It's like some things were just made or created for me, waiting there so patiently for yours truly to discover them. When I came across the above message, I had to e-mail my cute little hubs to see if he had in fact came up with such sweet words. And then so cleverly posted it on the web so I could stumble upon it. Because it fits the two of us to a tea. And for that I am happy. 

19 Lovely Comments:

Slamdunk said...

Nicely said. Those little things sure seem to make a world of difference.

Michaela said...

These are the sweetest words! I love them. I read the vows to my roommates and one of them said "I hope my husband can live up to that" (: Thanks for sharing, girl!

Rachael Sedory said...

Love it. Thiis post made me smile!

Caroline said...

I feel that way about this post!! Loved this! xo

Lou said...

What a gorgeous set of words - especially the bit about leaving gifts off schedule. Whoever has the husband who wrote these words is one lucky person! Lou x

Chicago Chic said...

How incredible sweet! Love this! xo

k said...

that is so cute, oh my goodness :)

Sara Lee Bentley said...

This is so so sweet! That's all anyone could ever want :)

Lori said...

Very cute ~ love this!

Unknown said...

what sweet vows!! i just love personal vows.

Blair McLeod said...

i heart this!

Liz said...

aw, cutest thing ever! I looove every word!

Ashley said...

i am dying over this. dying. dying. dead. how could you not ooh and aah over them? they are too dreamy to not wish they were your own.

i clicked the link and love the wedding pics. its so anthro. it looks as if the couple said "lets just go ahead and get married today. tell your friends to bring their own quilt to sit on and a pie to share." perfection.

Tash said...

So sweet! It is indeed the little things that count. And thank you for your comment!

The Girl said...

Of course I love the vows. I was at a wedding a few weeks ago on the eastern shore that was so unique and so lovely. My friend getting married is a little older - 38 or 39 - been proposed to hundreds of times, is THE most lovely, funny, bubbly, and kind person we all know... and finally, after all the guys, she met THE one. While they wrote their own vows, and they were 1 part sweet, and 1 part funny, Chris (groom), ended his with 100 parts funny by saying very seriously, "and finally... i liked it, so i put a ring on it." HA.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!

Love the photo too, I had to turn my laptop upside down so that I could see her dress properly, I love it!! xx

Marcie said...

Wow, this is such a great post! I love that what is said is so genuine and real! So many people lose the realness today.

Great post!
M

Maureen Stevens said...

too cute!I may need to copy this one :)

Anonymous said...

I love this blurb so very much!!