Moved


A ship in a harbour is safe, but that's not why ships are built - Unknown, photo via.

Please excuse my lack of blogging over the past few days and my continued lack of posts over the next few as well. It's just that I've recently packed up the majority of my life in Canada (including my Siamese kitty of 12 years, Yurchenko) and made the ten hour drive to the Windy City to finally be with my husband. We've spent the last two years living this way, saying tearful goodbyes in airports, making plans for when we'd see one another next and counting down the days until it would all be over and well, here we are. As I carefully peek over my laptop screen I am greeted with a rather overwhelming pile of garbage bags of clothes, wedding presents we have yet to enjoy together (new plates and towels? yes please), Christmas presents and mere 'things' that all need to find their own spot in our little home. Not one to enjoy clutter you know I'll be doing my best in the coming days to make this place as cozy and tidy as possible while trying my best to soak it all in that finally, Apb and I get to actually be newlyweds.

I can't wait to share with you so many exciting things, like my plans for my new life in the city, my Hey Gorgeous Events website that is almost completely finished (just waiting on the disk of our wedding images so I can add in some of the detail shots), my new blog design being installed at the end of January, photos of our cozy little apartment once it's all decorated and spruced up and of course recaps and pictures from our big day (I know I feel terrible it's been over three months and I have not much to show from our wedding) but for now enjoy the rest of your holidays everyone and I promise I will back soon with some goodies. Oh, and for all of my blogging buds out there, anyone living in Chicago, down for lunch? :)

32 Lovely Comments:

Pinkalicious Mommy said...

Can't believe we never went out for coffee before you left :(
I'm so happy that you finally get to be with your hubby for good now. No more tearful goodbyes, just blissful newlywed life.

I BLEED PINK said...

I can only imagine your excitement to finally be moving!! Super excited for you guys to finally get to start you life together.

I can't not wait to see all these big things coming up!!

Nuha said...

Thats great you're finally with your hubs! I hope you enjoy the windy city! xoxo

Nicole-Lynn said...

How exciting! So much to look forward to! Enjoy getting settled!

ASHLEY said...

So excited for you! Excited to see what's to come!

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Good luck in your new city!

e.j. said...

Glad you made it safely, Rhi :) Welcome to Chicago. And I'm always down for lunch!

Scientific Housewife said...

How exciting to start your new lives together officially. I hope you love it there!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

So excited for you!! :) Enjoy getting your new home all set up...you're going to have a blast!

Michaela said...

Oh my! I'm so entirely happy for you. I can't wait to see your apartment. And more wedding pictures, of course. Hope you're having a wonderful week, full of laughter and new adventures. Wish I lived close- I'd be down for lunch! (:

Liz said...

I am so happy for you guys! Your married life can finally officially start! So exciting!! Wishing you luck as you unpack these next couple of days (weeks?)! I definitely want to meet up when I'm in Chicago next!

Pink Champagne said...

SO excited for you to finally be with the hubs! I can only imagine how tough it must have been to be apart and now even more exciting to be together. Enjoy - big hugs!

Alisha said...

Congrats on the move!! Take your time moving in and finding a place for every picture frame and every article of clothing. B and I live in a small 2 bed rental and it's SO hard to find a place for all the things we have.

Get settled in and then tell us ALL about it! Can't wait :)

Lesley Rials Napper said...

Um, me! I'm not living in Chicago full-time yet, but I'm here once a month visiting my boyfriend and he trades on the Asian market so I spend my days exploring the city alone while he sleeps :( Dying for human interaction! Very best wishes for your new home, newlywed status and new city!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I hope things go well in your life together (now literally, too!)

Natalie said...

Soo, so happy your with your husband now! Enjoy newlywed life! Can't wait to see wedding and apartment pics. :)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

thats huge news Rhim congrats, wishing you all the best from now on sweets! xoxo

April of Smidge Of This said...

Congrats on the move, you'll love cohabitation so very much!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations girly! So happy for you two (and so jealous).

Anonymous said...

So many exciting changes for you! Chicago is a fabulous city! Way too hard to live apart. Happy New Year, Sweetie! xo

Lori said...

Yeah for you!! Newlywed time is so much fun and also comes with its challenges ~ learning to live with each other. Remember to breathe as you find your niche ~ I am so happy for you and will be here waiting for more pictures (soon please) and stories of the Windy City. xo

Happy New Year!!

Design Apprentice said...

Wow! Welcome!! I live in Chicago too! I live in the suburbs and work in the city so am about to make the big move in the next month. Hope you're loving no more goodbyes and getting to be together! :)

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

Best of luck to you with your move! Too bad I'm not closer I would totally meet you for lunch!
Hugs friend and Happy New Year!
xx

Ashley said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you to get to cozy up with your husband every single night!! Bliss Bliss! Cannot wait for the updates, pal! xoxoxo

Pamela said...

good luck in your new location and home. x

Liesl said...

How exciting, Rhiannon!!! Good luck with the move to the windy city, and I look forward to your updates and future posts! Happy New Year 2011!!!

Liesl :)

Lucy said...

Congratulations! You must be so excited and I hope it is even better than you expected :)

Shelley said...

moving is so exciting even though its nerve wracking at the same time! good luck and have fun in your new city!

Slamdunk said...

Glad you 2 are together--that has to be a great feeling.

I hope you are enjoying Chicago.

Holly said...

That's awesome! Very happy for you! My boyfriend and I live in differnet towns/states, so I know how that is. Chicago is also a wonderful town :) How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Windy City! I've been following for a few months now and if you're looking for any suggestions on anything local, well, I'm a great resource! I've been a lifelong Chicagoland gal. Let me know!

Stephanie

thesingleslant@gmail.com
Thesingleslant.blogspot.com

STYLE'N said...

oh wow you left Canada for Chicago? That's sad but great and I am sure you are glad to be with your husband! I lived in Toronto, Mississauga and Ottawa for a long time but grew up in NC. Now I am in Boston!