Apartment Tour {Our Bathroom}


A little disclaimer before I share any more photos or information on Andrew and I's apartment. Since we rent, are fairly young, have very little money to use towards home goods and maintenance and live in an incredibly tiny one bedroom apartment, sprucing this place up was easier said than done. I am constantly in awe of some of you fabulous bloggers out there who fearlessly tackle your home renos with gusto and flare; knocking down walls, tearing apart floors, building bathrooms, living rooms and kitchens from the ground up! This girl? She had to use a couple gift cards to Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond, under $100.00, some creativity and a little love to make her and her new hub's home essentially that; a home. Yet the good news is, it can be done!


Our bathroom was the first thing I tackled when I moved in with Andrew last week. It's a very tiny, boxy bathroom with a very large mirror across one wall and a mirrored medicine cabinet on the adjoining wall placed beside the bathroom door. There aren't places to add any extra shelving, cabinets or storage in there so we have to be selective with our toiletries and towels (meaning keep only what we need and nothing more). There aren't any windows either, which made taking these photos very difficult! The floors are white, the walls beige and the vanity white with silver fixtures. When we created our registry we picked out these beautiful fluffy pale blue towels that we thought would go perfectly with the colours we already had to work with. We also received the silver cotton swab jar, soap dispenser and waste basket as wedding gifts. The knobs on the doors to the space below the sink are from Anthropology and are the perfect mix of sparkly and simplicity.


The monogrammed white finger towels are from Bed Bath and Beyond and I normally don't like anything that's embroidered but perhaps being a newlywed got the best of me. I picked up two of these towels to use on special occasions or when we may have guests over. The little jar beside the flower holds all of the shells I dove for on our amazing honeymoon; I love seeing them everyday as I brush my pearlies and remember the countless days I spent frolicking in the ocean. The fake rose bloom is from Michaels and was part of a faux flower arrangement we used to have in college.



The biggest and almost the only purchase we made for our bathroom was the fabulous shower curtain that I am absolutely in love with! There's a shower curtain at Anthropologie that I've been patiently waiting to buy for months but I found the price to be way over my budget. Thankfully Urban Outfitters offers the exact same one at a reasonable cost so last week purchasing it was one of the first things I did once I arrived in Chicago. Ruffles? Oh my goodness I love em. hWe found these shower curtain hooks at Target that matched the knobs I picked out perfectly. They're a part of the Simply Shabby Chic line that has some pretty adorable pieces (which Andrew made very clear we may not ever have in our home unless we have a daughter; these crystal hooks were the exception).  


Our bathroom rug is from Target and it's a plain white bath mat with a lovely textured border around the edges. The small silver heart on the hand towels is from home in Canada, and the white vintage frame is one I bought from Hobby Lobby a few years back. The black framed photo on the wall and the cotton ball jar is from Ikea as well. Our bathroom doesn't have any crown molding, a fancy heated floor, a claw footed bathtub (I wish, oh my gosh I wish so badly) or a linen closest to store everything but when I walk by the bathroom to head to our bedroom, a smile creeps across my face because I love it so much. Having a bubble bath and a glass of bubbly in that little washroom of ours never felt so good!


Thank you for checking out our little space and I can't wait to share with you all our kitchen, living room, dining area, front walkway and finally our bedroom. I have a few more things to get into place until everything feels right and organized here but soon enough we will be all settled! Happy Friday everyone, can you believe the end of the week is finally here? Do something nice for yourself today. I am off to yoga class number two of the week :) xo

41 Lovely Comments:

Lindsay said...

It's perfect. It looks nice and airy, even without a window. Good job! I've been obsessed with those shower curtains for awhile too, glad to know urban has a good knockoff!

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

Love it! Your style is so feminine and luxurious! We just stayed at the Elysian Hotel in Chicago and I think you would die for the decor there!!

jiye
http://pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com/

Leslie said...

I love love love it! Soooo chic!

Bri said...

Your bathroom reminds me of a spa - I love it! I know how difficult it is to put your personal stamp on an apartment, and this looks amazing! =)

April of Smidge Of This said...

Urban Outfitters is quite a gem ... since they are owned by Anthropologie, you can get almost the exact same housewares for a fraction of the price! We're about to move (details on the blog soon) and I'm already eyeing their insanely fabulous duvet covers. Have you checked 'em out? Inexpensive enough to get two and switch them out with the seasons!

ASHLEY said...

awww! I love the shower curtain!

Jacklyn said...

Wow! I absolutely love it! I'm so glad you're showing this. I see the amazing things people do with houses which is great but I have an apt right now so it's great to see what fun things can be done with an apartment. LOVE IT!

Kerry said...

So beautiful - you made it so personal and gorgeous! :) Our rental was never beautiful! Great work Rhiannon... can't wait to see more!!

and flowers pick themselves said...

i love how you've decorated! the shabby chic stuff looks wonderful.

xo Alison

Natasha said...

I think it looks divine darling!! Fabulous and very ruffly--just what I like, too =)

Miss. Tarrah Dame said...

I have the same shower curtain :p
damegoodeats.blogspot.com

Alli said...

Lovely! My bathroom is the same size, albeit with less neutral tiling--you're lucky! I put a chrome storage rack over my toilet for added storage (usually about $40 at Bed Bath & Beyond). In your case, it would cover part of the mirror, but it would give you some extra storage for towels and whatnot. Just a thought!

Holly said...

Oh so adorable! I am in love with the ruffled shower curtain!

Maureen Stevens said...

the little space is adorable! I love the ruffled shower curtain! and the pewter accents and glass knobs, Rachel Ashwell would be proud!

Meg Gifford said...

I have the same towels- grey and blue (home outfitters). We got them for our wedding too. Love the shower curtain, it makes the bathroom come together so nicely. You have done a great job with a small space-a true stylist! xx M

k said...

I just adore it!! You made it look so good - that shower curtain is a WINNER! I want one too!

Marcie said...

The crystal knobs are fantastic! I am loving the color palette you've chosen too.

Wow, your blog is just stunning. I love the soft colors.

xo M

Ashley said...

get.your.butt.to.nashville.

have you SEEN my bathroom? It's teeny tiny with GOLD GLITTER streaks in the counter of the sink and a pale yellow TUB. i need help. goodbye.

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

It looks great. I love all of the little details.

Renee said...

Your bathroom looks amazing!! so cozy!

Punctuation Mark said...

looks fantastic and let me tell you that you dont need money to make things look great... all you need is style... have a great weekend!

Leah said...

Your bathroom is beautiful!
Happy New year to you too!

xo L
www.littleredpurse.blogspot.com

Michelle Ellen said...

Holy cow, that shower curtain left me speechless!!! Amazing job, once again. :)

Lesley Rials Napper said...

IN LOVE with that shower curtain!!! The bathroom looks beautiful...great job!

Gorgeous Glam said...

I love that shower curtin too! You've done a great job with the space doll! I love the target shabby chic line! xo

living well said...

It looks perfect!! Enjoy!!

annelise said...

It's lovely. Just goes to prove you don't need a massive budget to create something nice.

Have a great weekend :)

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

awww and its absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Kristen said...

LOVE that shower curtain! who doesn't love ruffles? great job, i'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the place!

Debra "Deb" Dresden Disney-Dior said...

Rhi, I'm in awe with what you've done with your bathroom, considering your somewhat limited decorating budget. Oh, how rude am I? My name is Deb, and I was guided here by Simone - the girl with the perfect eye for fashion, flair and fun! I used to blog a few years ago-- but I found I had more fun reading blogs than writing entries. I decided to give it a try, once again, but it's not up and running yet. I have the partial layout saved to my PC, and I have oodles to do before I post the link. It's called, "Drama and High Heels." I hope, when I'm up and running, you'll stop by and say, "Hi Gorgeous!" :)~ Oh, I was thrilled to see your bathroom has TILE floors -- so MANY rentals are into vinyl. You lucked out! Well, you're doing a GREAT job, thus far. Bravo! Ohhhh, Simone shared your wedding photo with her readers and I must say you made a beyond beautiful bride! Your hubby looks great -- from the back. I can't wait to see his face. Maybe you've posted photos in the archives! Nice to meet you, Rhi! I'm now a follower, so I'll be back sooner than you can say, "Bippity-Boppity-Boo!" Happy New Year to you and your hubby!

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

Love the curtain, and the framed photo of the two of you! Congrats on your new place!
xx

Michaela said...

Rhi!! It's adorable! I love it. The shower curtain is my favorite. And you did such a wonderful job with the little money you had to work with. Best part is, it looks expensive! This is a perfect example of how ANYONE can decorate- doesn't matter how much or little money you have! You're so talented xoxo

Unknown said...

So classy! LOVE the curtain, seriously:-)

Lori said...

Love that curtain and all the little touches you have put in here Rhi. Our bathroom is about the same size ~ really! It is on my to do list of things to tackle this year but I hate painting ~ we will see.

Liz said...

gorgeous! perfect! I've got lots of work to do on our apartment...

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You should be very proud of the job you did! It's lovely and I die over your shower curtain!

clearlytangled said...

well done!! thanks for sharing. it looks great.

Wendy said...

Love love LOVE that shower curtain! Urban outfitters might be calling my name!!!! The little details look perfect!

Francis Family said...

Cute! I love it!
I also love that shower curtain. When we buy a house i'll need a huge credit card for my decor, since i've been deprived for years! I'll come back to you for inspiration when that time comes!! :)

Micaela said...

i dream of the day i can paint my walls...

i LOVE target and what you've done :)

Joie de Viv said...

I have those same shower curtain hooks. BTW - LOVE your shower curtain! Target GC's are THE best!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com