Purple and Gold Wedding Inspiration


It snowed here last night. Apb and I peeked out of our living room window to find tiny little sparklies falling ever so slowly from the sky. Prior to the holidays, I'm usually all for snow. There's something so magical and festive above a pre-Christmas coating of the white stuff. Yet after Christmas, any trace of snow or ice leaves me feeling cold and tired as if spring time (and a warmer climate) is that much further away. Hopefully for those of you who may feel the same way, this Winter Wonderland Inspiration shoot I found yesterday on The Sweetest Occasion, will cheer you up. The colour palette, details, the lace, that dress (oh wow that dress) the gold accents, the pine cones, the lovely photos by Cudleigh Photography, it's all too perfect for words. Scroll on blogettes and add some fanciness to your Saturday. A full vendor list of those involved in the shoot is available over at The Sweetest Occasion.


Heart shaped marshies? Yes please. Vanilla chai tea? Don't mind if I do!


Can somebody please get engaged, hire me as their stylist and pick gold and purple as their wedding colours? Purple and gold are such beautifully rich colours and they have a soothing effect on the soul. Just looking at the colour purple makes me feel at ease. And I just wanted to point out the gorgeous bride's hair style. If I were to get married again (I've already discussed a vow renewal with Apb. I'm crazy I swear) this is how I would do my hair. The style reminds me a lot of the beautiful Meg's hair from this Glam Toronto Wedding.


Just lovely! P.S. A big congrats to Cyd at the Sweetest Occasion on  the fabulous new site. Check it out if you have the time as I am sure you'll be able to find something incredible and lovely! Happy Saturday friends and have a fabulous rest of the weekend xo

20 Lovely Comments:

georgia ~ gi gi said...

Happy Sat :)
Oh, just beautiful! Gorgeous shots and yes, love her hair!
That Vanilla Chi looks so pretty!
Happy Weekend!
xo
gi gi

Sophie said...

these are such beautiful photos. your blog always makes me excited for my future wedding haha. i love it!
i hope you have an awesome weekend :) xx

Peace Love & All Things Creative said...

This is so beautiful. I love the way these two colors look together. And I actually really love her dress. I <3 Lace.
xoxo

Anna Elder said...

i know exactly what you mean about winter weather after the holidays. we have a chance for snow here starting tomorrow. it's been a really mild winter so i'm worried that it's going to be snowing in april.

that dress is quite lovely. i dont think i could pull off the long sleeve lace, but she does for sure. and i love her hair!! what great details and pretty colors.

happy weekend!
Anna

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Simply stunning!

Concrete Jungle said...

Can't wait to see the results when you have a chance to do the same for some lucky bride!

Caroline said...

This is all together dreamy! And the colors ... two of my favorites. Vanilla Chai and marshmallow hearts .. BLISS! Hope all is lovely sweet friend!!!! XO!

Lou said...

Oh wow that dress indeed! I adore it!! So stylish and so perfect for a winter wedding. The purple contrasts are also fab. I love this shoot! I need to see more! You make such good recommendations and I must say I love that you are blogging more; hearing from you often is just lovely. Lou xx

Mariel Torres said...

that purple is absolutely stunning!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

insanely gorgeous. sending to a bride friend who is currently planning her 1920's themed wedding... these would be some gorgeous colors!

Liesl said...

How very pretty and what a regal color combination!

Liesl :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

What an absolutely gorgeous bride and what a gorgeous wedding. I super like this

Ashley said...

oh wow. this is so elegant! i never think of purple as a holiday or winter color, but after seeing this - how could i not? This is beyond lovely.

gorge gorge.

ps. its snowing in Nashville. love.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, these photos are gorgeous! i adore the purple and gold together.

April of Smidge Of This said...

So, so pretty, and I'm loving her lace and that chic hairdo.

I'll be more in the grey/gold/ivory color scheme world, but that gorgeous eggplant color is to die for!

Michaela said...

Well this is stunning! As you know, purple is my favorite color ever so I'm swooning over these pictures (: That bride is stunning

Marsinah {mar-see-na} said...

that purple is divine! thanks for posting. hope you're having fun on vacay in the sun :)

Val said...

Truly stunning images!

Nicole said...

first off, the heart shaped marshmallows are great and i want to know how to make my own. and secondly, im currently picking fall wedding colors and i was thinking deep reds, purples and fall yellows/golds... hmmmm

Anonymous said...

I just got engaged and I am doing a purple and gold wedding, and that table setting is exactly what I have imagined! Thank u!