Colours of the Caribbean


We are finally back! And who knew home could feel so lovely? While I try to find a sort of balance on solid ground, and cure myself of the massive sunburn I acquired in the Barbados sun, here are some of my favourite images from our week long adventure. I have to admit while a small break from the Internet and the blog was a nice little way to rest my mind and soul, I've been dying to get back into the swing of things with regular scheduled prettiness and visits to all of your blogs. Oh and each and every one of your comments on my farewell post last week put a ginormous smile on my face when I arrived home tonight :)

From island tours of Tortola which included trolley rides up some of the steepest hills I've ever seen, handstands on the prettiest beaches in Antigua, zip lining through the incredible rain forest in St. Lucia and feeding wild monkeys fresh sliced bananas out of the palm of my hand in Barbados, it's safe to say we had some unforgettable experiences over the last week. Even more special was doing most of these things with Apb, my parents, grandpa and hometown neighbors; the 10 of us had a blast. Not only did we snap hundreds of photos but we brought along a mini camcorder to catch all of the action too; I cannot wait to share some fun clips with you guys! Sweet dreams loves and heres to an amazing week ahead of us, full of great things xo

42 Lovely Comments:

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I'm so jealous! Glad you had fun. It looks gorgeous!

I BLEED PINK said...

OMG Girl, those pictures are so lovely and vibrant!!

I can't believe that amazing handstand.

ASHLEY said...

Beautiful beaches! Man, I need fun in the sun! You are too cute!! Looks and sounds fabulous! Welcome home!

Kristen said...

beautiful pictures! love all the colors of the islands, glad you had a great trip! gotta admit, i'm pretty jealous :)

Devan said...

The pictures are positively gorgeous! I'm glad you had an excellent time. :)

theUngourmet said...

What an amazing place. I'm in love with all of the pops of color. I don't know how any would couldn't be happy ninety-eight percent of the time living there. Nice handstand, girl!! ;)

If you have a minute or two I'd love for you to see the cupcake academy remodel!

Stephanie said...

I love all of the bright colors!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Wow, gorgeous photos. I need some beach in my life! Ya'll are too cute!

ali v. said...

I am officially jealous--but also super thankful for your post! I needed some sunshine in my life and your post just brought me that, so thank you! Can't wait to see more of those bold, phenomenal colors. Have a great week! xoxo {av}

Michaela said...

Oh hi pretty lady!! What beautiful colors! Glad you had fun. Can't wait to hear more about your fun trip! Hope you didn't get sea sick (:

georgia ~ gi gi said...

Oh, I had to come back for another look! Just gorgeous! Love the bright colors! You looked just beautiful :)
Glad to hear you had a wonderful time!
xo
gi gi

Caroline said...

These photos are amazing!! And, each photo is so vibrant and happy!!! Hugs my friend!! XO

jonalynn said...

Really amazing, vibrant and inspiring images. Looks like you had a blast!

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of camera was used to capture these shots?

www.turnuptherad.blogspot.com

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hi my sweet doll!! Sooo happy you had the bestest time on vacation in paradise!! Miss you bunches, we will catch up soon, promise :) xoxooxxxooxox

Alisha said...

Oooh girl!!! These pictures are amazing! This post makes me want to go back to Mexico right this minute - forget work, bills, and all worries just to be lying on a beautiful sandy beach!

SO glad yall had a great time! :)

Wendy said...

Beautiful! Looks like you had a fabulous time, and I have to say that handstand pic is great! :)

Nicole said...

your pictures are beautiful! its so bright and pretty there. I really like the pink and yellow striped wall - thats awesome :)

living well said...

Those pictures are so colorful and pretty! I soooo want to be back in the Carribean right now!

Unknown said...

Oh my these colours are killing me. London is so grey and dull I need colour like this!!

Francis Family said...

So fun! Your pics are amazing, and you are too dang cute!!

apparentlyjessy said...

Oh man, so jealous! Your holiday snaps look so divine, I adore all the bright colours! Wishing myself to the Caribbean right now!

Mariel Torres said...

that was definitely one of my favorite things about Puerto Rico... it's colorful atmosphere and surrounding. looks like you are having a marvelous time darling!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! I love the colours and the sun - a big difference from what's around here at the moment. :P

I'm glad you had fun! :)

Julie Leah said...

I just died a little over every one of the pictures, lady!! So happy you had a fabulous time. You look gorgeous, as usual :)

XOXOXO, Julie

Joy said...

excellent photos! you guys definitely looked like you had a blast over there - so jealous right now. :)

Bri said...

Oh my goodness - these pictures captured the essence of the islands! What an amazing souvenior to bring home!

Liesl said...

Gorgeous, just like you...and oh how I adore the vivid colors!

Liesl :)

STYLE'N said...

wow awesome images. How do you get them so bright and coloful? Love them all. And is that you doing yoga and a handstand on the beach? so jealous!!!

Punctuation Mark said...

what a great vacation... love your first image!!!

Barbi said...

Your blog is so beautiful! Love your pictures, especially the colorful buildings. They remind me of Charleston. xo

clearlytangled said...

looks like we've both been enjoying some sun, girly! love all the vibrant colors in your great photos- esp like the handstand picture! if only i had a fraction of your agility.

Alicia Conti said...

Lovely pictures!! Love love love your striped dress! Where did you get it?? I'm going to Mexico in a month and can't wait for some sunshine!

C. Tvillingmamma said...

Oh love the pics!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!!! Loving all the colours ;) Can't wait to see the rest of the pic's!

xx

Ashley said...

wow, pal! looks like you had a blast after all. super jelly of you.

remember those beautiful days during that hard chicago winter!

Unknown said...

WHAT GORGEOUS PHOTOS!!!! The colours are so stunning....missed you honey....glad you had a great time though :)

And yes, that handstand....fabulous!! xx

Emilee Sutherland said...

Ooo love the colors! So glad you had a great trip!

k said...

Oh my goodness, your pictures are AMAZING!

Tash said...

Oh such gorgeous photos!! Super fun and cute, all of them! You guys are a lovely couple too :)

Holly said...

what gorgeous photos, makes me want to book a vacation right now!

Lilacandgrey said...

omg! LOVE these photos! please tell me what camera you used?

Lori said...

What a colorful and beautiful selection of pics Rhi. The weather looks fab and aren't you the little miss show off with the handstand and pretty toes ~ don't mind me ~ I am just jealous. xo