DIY Project: Will You Be My Bridesmaid?


When a bride-to-be happens to be super cute, super fabulous and super talented, I can't help but squeal with delight when she sends me the most adorable project ever. There's no doubt a whole lot of thought goes into proposals these days. But how often do newly engaged chicks really consider how they'll ask their gal pals to serve as bridesmaids? After you check out this clever tutorial you be sure to rethink how you plan on asking your girls to stand next to you on the biggest day of your life. Don't forget to head on over to Emilee's blog and etsy shop where I'm pretty positive you'll find something to swoon over.


{What You'll Need}
wooden spool
alphabet stamps
an ink pad
scissors
fabric and/or trim
lace and/or glue
any packaging supplies you'd like


{Step 1} Cut your fabric or trim so that the width is just smaller than your wooden spool. You can make it just long enough for your message or longer - I did mine a bit longer to wrap around the spool a little extra.

{Step 2} Stamp out the words "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" or "Will You Be My Maid of Honour?" on the fabric strip using your alphabet stamps and ink. 


{Step 3} You can use either a piece of tape or a dot of glue to attach your stamped fabric to the spool. Start at the right side (where your message ends) and roll so that when you unroll the fabric your message is revealed.

{Step 4} Once your fabric is all wrapped up you can tie it closed with ribbon or string or lace and add any extra touches you want! Here's how the final product turned out. Would you not squeal with delight if this little creation was handed to you? I absolutely love it! How did you ask your friends to serve as bridesmaids?

18 Lovely Comments:

Emma said...

Hey Rhi - love this :) I wanted a unique and memorable way to ask my special ladies, so I bought four Barbie dolls which represented my sisters and friends and had dresses made for them off an etsy seller. I then attached tags which read 'I love you more than I love Barbies {which is a lot} Will you be my bridesmaid?' I packaged them in wine bottle boxes. You can go here to see them: http://www.ellaatbella.com/2010/11/will-you-be-my-bridesmaid.html

Liesl said...

Good luck with the Lovelies contest right now...I voted for you, of course! :) Also, what a lovely DIY project...I love seeing what people come up with for asking others to be a bridesmaid, etc....so fun and creative!

Liesl :)

Anonymous said...

What a truely gorgeous idea...so special and unique.
We didn't have a bridal party as my grandfather was terminally ill and we brought our wedding forward by months so we could have him attend...instead of having months of planning up our sleeves we had a few weeks but it was still a lovely day and made all the more special for having him there :)

Little Miss Martha said...

LOVE THIS!!! It's so simple and adorable!

Laur said...

LOVE this idea!!!!

Megan said...

oh my gosh i am totally obsessed with this. wish i had known about this adorable little idea when I got married. xx

ASHLEY said...

Love this! So cute!!!

Michelle said...

What a lovely idea!

Brooke T said...

Aw, I love this! I wish I would have done it :) ha

eleGALA said...

Oh my gosh! We lovelovelove this! So sweet...

Unknown said...

Cute! Such a lovely idea. I asked my girls over for a girls' night. I'd made pitchers of sangria & a taco buffet. We had tons of fun hanging out & gossiping! At the end of the evening, I asked them to be my bridesmaids & presented each with a handmade "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" card with a personalized message. I will remember it forever!!

Unknown said...

Sooo cute! Love your projects:-)

Shelly Tutt said...

This is a wonderful idea. Love it! Your blog is lovely. Glad I happened upon it today.

Cheers!
Shelly
xo

Alisha said...

This is absolutely precious! I wish I would've done something cutesy like this. My girls were all out of town, so I had to settle for a phone conversation... But I still had my best gal pals standing next to me!!

Blair McLeod said...

so creative! a little bummed i didn't come up with it myself!

i'll have to think of something else to use taht idea for. LOVE It!

Anonymous said...

Love this! My question: how did you make the rosette that you put on top of the box??

Emilee Sutherland said...

blessdriddance - that is one of my tasteful tatters creations

www.tastefultatters.com

Cait said...

This is such a lovely idea! I was really stumped when I was asking my gals (and brother, who is my 'Man of Honour') because I wanted it to be special, too. So, I wrote them all a paragraph about why they make my life better, and ended it with 'Will you be one of my bridesmaids?'. I chose a colour and font that matched their personality, and printed it off on 8.5x11. The kicker? I cut it up into puzzle pieces, so they had to put it together to get the message. It was a hit :)