Anthro-Inspired Beach Wedding by Allie Lindsey Photography


This submission had me at Antro-inspired. Then I laid my eyes on these dreamy images by the ever-so-sweet Allie Lindsay and I fell completely head over heels in love with this wedding. I have to say, an older version of myself would be fairly impressed with my new appreciation for a colour palette involving any sort of green hue. It's surprisingly refreshing and pretty when used in all the right spots at a wedding. And that's exactly how Stephanie and Kenny made their 10-10-10 wedding so flipping gorg; by infusing the perfect pops of green into their big day. Those flirty Jim Hjelm bridesmaids frocks, the unique hydrangea and orchid bouquets by RSVP floral and of course that head over heels in love and simply adorable bride and groom; well what's there not to love about this wedding? 


A little leopard peakaboo under your drool-worthy Rosa Clara gown? Yes please thank you very much.



How amazing are the shots of the newlyweds on the beach? Canvas-worthy for sure right? And as for the Anthro-inspired details, Stephanie made sure to infuse as much Anthro-goodness as possible into the celebration. From the vintage inspired wreath holder around her bouquet, the little manzella trees with seashells on a string where guests could write a message to the bride and groom, the handcrafted faux photo booth with a backdrop made of old burlap and a frame painted around it and the little custom made eyeglasses and mustache props? You got it. All. Handmade.


From the bride: "It all started at the same high school; a senior and a freshmen typing away to each other on AIM. Kenny went off to college and I continued in high school then three years later our best friends reunited us and the rest is history. Long distances from Vegas to So Cal, Virginia to North Carolina and then at last together back to So Cal in 2007. Three years of grower closer and then the proposal led to an amazing wedding at La Jolla Shores, a gorgeous day on 10-10-10. It wasn't easy making it to the wedding as planning was full of stressful times. Finding the venue, the perfect day and all the perfect vendors was quite the process. Until we found Allie who not only was our perfect photographer but became a good friend and my life savior when it came to wedding planning.

Allie has all the perfect characteristics of a phenomenal photographer and helped make our day unimaginable. I first spoke with Allie on the phone and from that instant I knew we were a perfect fit. Kenny and I then met with Allie for our engagement session which was a blast. She made our session so comfortable, fun and unforgettable. From then on, we considered Allie a good friend and came to find out she grew up in Fallbrook just as we did and knew all the same people! After our engagement pictures came my bridal shower and I couldn't help but invite her as I felt so close to Allie, I loved her company and loved her fun personality. Who knew that our wedding photographer would soon be a good friend. Every time I find myself talking about Allie I will not brag any less than 30 minutes about her as I truly cannot say enough about her amazing work, personality and drive. Thank you Allie for leaving us with memories that will forever put a smile on our faces."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Photographer: Allie Lindsey Photography / Cake and Dessert: Sweet Sicilian / Bridesmaids dresses: Jim Hjelm / Venue: La Jolla Shores Hotel / DJ: Timmy D Productions / Floral: RSVP Floral / Dress: Rosa Clara

30 Lovely Comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the compliment! I'll be sure to tell Gavin you said he's cute. ;)

Wow... your blog is just lovely! And your website... the things you do... everything... BEE YOO TEE FULL!!! love.love.love. I will definitely be back.

Btw... I'm having a giveaway on Tuesday if you're interested. :)

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

Oh you had me at Anthro!!! And I'm loving the green dresses! So pretty!!

HiLLjO said...

That green is done soooo well. Love the scrap-y table conversation pieces.

Megan said...

i am obsessed with her dress and shoes.

the green is perfect.

Lisa said...

Anthropologie, hydrangeas, Jim Hjelm, and fun shoes? Oh my goodness, this is one of the prettiest weddings I've ever seen! Congrats to the adorable bride and groom :)
Lisa

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I absolutely adore the bouquets and all the flowers, they remind me of my grandma's house, would love to do something like that!

Brooke T said...

what a beautiful story and this wedding oh my goodness!! So jealous :)

Shana said...

The bride is so lovely! She just looks happy and relaxed! Green is not normally my favourite but I too like this one. It looks lovely with the beachy theme!

jessica // union shore said...

i love her dress and shoes too!! and those eyeglasses and mustache props are adorable!!

Brancoprata said...

Not only the dress is stunning but the flowers are amazing too... beautiful wedding with beautiful photography!!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie (in the pics) and I share more than just a name. We also share a love for leopard print! I just had this convo with my bff about having leopard print Loubies under my dress on the big day. Love it!

Megan said...

I'll take:
- her hair
- her dress
- the beach
- her shoes

I think that's it. Haha. BEAUTIFUL!

Haute Style said...

Thank you for sharing my images!!!!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

i love her dress!!!

Naomi said...

I love the green of the bridesmaids dresses and I love the little books in lieu of a guest book...great idea! Gorgeous wedding!

k said...

gosh that is gorgeous..and her SHOES! AH!

❤ Meghan said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the photo of the bride and groom sitting on the beach. Looks like a perfect wedding!

Ashley said...

I love both pictures of them kissing. They don't even looked posed. Also, the booklets on the table? I am so stealing that idea.

Unknown said...

gorgeous! i looooooove those leopard shoes.
like...a lot.


xoxo

Michaela said...

WOW. So stunning. I'm in love with the feel of the wedding. Those little books are adorable. And her shoes? YES please! xoxo

natasha {schue love} said...

Just gorgeous! Her hair looks so beautiful-yet carefree! And the florals are to.die.for!

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

So so so gorgeous! The photos of the bride and groom together on the beach are stunning.

Laura *You Stir Me* said...

I love the idea of turning seaside details like star fish into rustic chic prettiness by adding a fun fabric flower and ribbon. It's amazing how simple things like that can add such a punch! Love every little bit!

Nikki said...

I will be hunting down that dress for my next wedding ;)

bailey said...

Love it! I'm very partial to green in weddings!!

Jess said...

How lovely! Love a good beach wedding!

Unknown said...

i love, love, love your site! i'm following you now! thank you for the comment! your blog makes me want to get engaged, STAT!hehe

x
brittney from www.hushnwonder.com

A Crimson Kiss said...

Hello, heaven! What a gorgeous wedding!

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

I adore the look of the entire wedding party. It's cohesive, yet fresh at the same time!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Loving this wedding. Gorgeous, indeed.