Brown and Green Wedding by Amanda Wilcher Photography


Simply put, I love this wedding. It could be the bride's dreamy Melissa Sweet gown or her vintage brooch bouquet created so lovingly by her mother. Perhaps it's those amazing succulent boutonnieres that have captured my heart or maybe I really love this wedding since it includes stunning photography from none other than Amanda Wilcher who happened to be our very own photographer too. Either way, this green and brown themed affair is going down in the books as one of my faves. If you're dying to know more about Abby and her bridesmaids bouquet's check out Jewel Be Gorgeous, who is a sponsor of Hey Gorgeous. And to score fabulous statement pieces like Abby wore on her big day, head over to her Stella and Dot page. The gorgeousness just never stops, blogettes!


From the bride: "Everything about my wedding day was great. I love my memories from that day. Our relatives and friends still tell us "What a great party!" and "When are you getting married again?" I guess that means we did OK, right? Everything went so smooth ad turned out so perfectly, or at least seemed as perfect as possible. My main focus for the day as to have fun and make sure every single guest had a great time. I worked the dance floor and Mike worked the bar. And our only complaint? Bigger plates!"


Abby says her fave photo from the day is the one below of her flower girl. How adorable :) 


I love love love this pink crumbling wall. Absoluely the best back drop for wedding photos.


{Advice to future brides} Don't forget about the details. It's all about the details. They are the most fun and the most work but completely worth it in the end! And believe me, people notice the details! I wish I had done a few more, but I have no regrets. Also, don't try to do it all by yourself. Ask for help! You can run the show but in the end you probably don't have the time and energy to get it all done by yourself so don't be afraid to ask. The more carefree you are, the more you will be able to embrace all that is around you and the better to remember it all. Plus things are going to happen; at that point it's time to just roll with the punches.

{Just Be You} Be yourself. Remember who you are. You don't want to look back on your wedding day and ask yourself, who is that girl? This means if you don't wear a lot of make up then don't on your wedding day, a little more than usual is fine. Or, if you like things more relaxed then don't make things fussy and stuffy. Keep it relaxed and you'll have a much more enjoyable day. Remember you're getting married and "It's a good thing."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

32 Lovely Comments:

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

Oh my, this is brimming with such sweetness! I adore those boutonnieres! {A}

Lilacandgrey said...

what pretty detail in the back of her dress!

Brooke T said...

so pretty! I love melissa sweet's dresses :) these are all such lovely photos!

Katherine said...

So many great details :) love the boutonnieres & the vases

Megan said...

oh my goodness i have never seen a bouquet like that! how unique and beautiful! and that dress..i mean..ugh. i die.

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

Beautiful details all over the place! Gorgeous wedding!

Naomi said...

So pretty!

Nikki said...

Love the succulents and neutral colors. Gorgeous wedding!

Shana said...

Love the bouquet! and the colours! and the jewelery! I just love it all!

Shana

Michaela said...

This is beautiful! You're right...I LOVE it! Her ring is literally amazing. And the dress....I love the style and everything. It looks stunning on her!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

the dress is gorgeous and those bouts? love them

Little Miss Martha said...

Thanks Rhiannon! Much love to you for featuring my wedding! And thanks to everyone for such lovely comments!

Spun Sugar Suite said...

The details are perfect, and the bouquet is simply stunning!

Pink Champagne said...

Oh, the brooch bouquet! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Not exactly my style, but the brooch bouquet is a nice alternative!

Erin Walsh Design said...

Beautiful wedding! I love that one milk glass vases, painted chocolate brown - genius!!

Marcie said...

Must have that bouquet! It is an amazing keepsake.

M

Kriti said...

These pics are brimming with joy and happiness. God bless!

Holly said...

I am in love with brooch bouquets! I think I want one for my wedding!

LB said...

The bridal bouquet is beautiful! What a creative idea!

Unknown said...

Such prettiness! I like the Groom in his tan suit with mocha tie- very sharp.

Amanda Galbreath said...

Found you on divacafe. Beautiful blog
Check mine out at
Www.amandas-events.blogspot.com

Jidhu Jose said...

Romantic shots

Oh, My Darling said...

Succulent bouquets?!? Makes my heart sing! I just might have to reblog this!

A Crimson Kiss said...

Holy hell, this is gorgeous!

jessica // union shore said...

i love her attention to details!! what a gorgeous bride! and that bouquet is such a great and unique idea!! LOVE IT!!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Are you kidding me with that dress???? Oh to do it all over again! Beautiful....and love the unusual and lovely bouquets!

HiLLjO said...

So pretty! That flowergirl picture is lovely. Everything looks so fresh and bright in the wedding!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Great color palette!

Alisha said...

What a beautiful color palette. The succulent boutonnieres are my absolute favorite!! Beautiful love.

Blair McLeod said...

love the veil. love the flower arrangements -- takes guts to be different like that, but it paid off! the flower girl dress are darling...i want one in my size!

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

Succulents and rustic twine = perfection!! And her bouquet is just stunning!