Rustic Elegance Inspiration - Part I


I found the above inspiration board via the ever so lovely Snippet and Ink when I was trying to define a mood, feel and vision for my latest project in the works. Crooked Creek Ranch in beautiful Northern Michigan tweeted me a few weeks ago saying they'd love for little old me to style a shoot on their property. I was probably more excited than I should be about the opportunity until I realized that a very sweet friend of mine is a venue coordinator at the location (Hi Mich!) and Apb and I will in fact be moving back to the mitten state next month; surely these are both signs that this collaboration is a match made in heaven, no? The board above is sort of a guide to set the scene but we will be sticking to an all white and cream palette with pops of browns, lots of baby's breath, burlap and perhaps some galvanized steel. The best part is the spectacular red barn that will be used as the background to our set up; oh and the chance to get all of my ideas out there with the talent of other amazing industry vendors has me eeeek-ing and eeeep-ing over here! If you are an etsy seller or vendor who feels your services and products fit the above description and collage of images shoot me an e-mail to discuss what you have to offer. We'd love to have you on board for June 8th too. Happy Wednesday loves :)

27 Lovely Comments:

Michelle Ellen Lee said...

EEEEEE so excited about this!
And even more excited that I'm the first to comment, hahaha!

HiLLjO said...

Tables by the stables... cute! I'm a Michigan Native so I'm highly enjoying your blog!!!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

should be gorgeous!

Alisha said...

Rustic elegance was definitely my theme at our wedding!! LOVE this. And congrats on the style shoot at their venue! So proud of you. :)

kate said...

Beautiful collection of images. Love!
velvet cupcakes

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

Rustic elegance makes me swoon! So exciting that you get to style a shoot with a similar theme! Congrats!

Megan said...

i wanna do a wedding shoot with you....

Katherine said...

I cannot wait to see the final products :) excited!

Unknown said...

It looks like you're off to a gorgeous start :-) I can't wait to see the results!!

Anna Elder said...

ooo can't wait to see your shoot!! i love this rustic look that is going on right now. kinda makes me wish i'd had a backyard wedding at an estate. but vintage historic hotel wasn't so bad. :)

Brooke T said...

I can't wait to see it! I love this look :)

Ashley said...

Aww how exciting! I grew up in northern Michigan, it's so beautiful up there.. you'll love it. (:

Congrats on being chosen to style a shoot, what a dream job! It was definitely meant to be.

Becca C. said...

Gorgeous. This perfectly represents what I want my big day to look like... I've been using the phrase "Rustic Elegance" too! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Mallory said...

this is so cute! i love the barn and the old bottle

Emma said...

That sounds very exciting Rhi! Totally right up my alley with our wedding plans, here is a link to my own initial thoughts on our rustic elegance/country charm event: http://www.ellaatbella.com/2010/12/countdown.html

Nikki said...

It's beautiful. I'd marry it. I mean...I'd have a wedding like that!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

That first picture is just *perfection*...so very gorgeous! Good luck with all the plans, can't wait to see pictures!

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

Gorgeous! I love the fusion going on; it's quite charming!

A Crimson Kiss said...

What a terrific opportunity, and SUCH a gorgeous board! Can't wait to see how the photos will turn out!

Tash said...

Wow, so exciting and so much to look forward to!! Congratulations Rhiannon! :)
Natasha xo

Claire Gallam said...

Oh I'm LOVING this. A whole lot.

Lori said...

Can't wait Rhi ~ it sounds like perfection to me. xo

Caroline said...

Stunning!!!!

classiq said...

This collage is so beautiful! A rustic elegance.

Liesl said...

I have simply been loving rustic elegance and think that might be where my wedding goes because my fiance is a big outdoors, more rustic type person and I am a more classic and elegant person and hopefully this combines us both! :) Love your blog posts, Rhiannon...each and every one of them!!!

Liesl :)

Anonymous said...

#1- CCR is like Ummmmm FIVE minutes from my house. They were my first choice for venue but already had a wedding that day, so I have created my own fab barn setting :)

#2- burlap, lace, galvanized steel, barns, rustic chic? You just described my wedding day. Can't freaking wait to see what you come up with!!!!

Tonya Peterson Photography said...

I am so excited about this shoot I could DIE! I love what you have come up with so far and seeing this board again has made me even more excited to take the photos for it! love ya!!! xoxo