Lindsey + Ryan {E-Session by Julie Harmsen Photography}

There's a sweetness about Lindsey that's hard to miss when you first meet her. She has an aura about her that makes you feel at ease. She's beautiful. She's clever. And witty. And so warm and friendly all at the same time. When we met for our initial consult a few weeks ago, I got back into my car after our venue tour and coffee date only to feel like I had just said goodbye to a girlfriend. And that's exactly what I love so much about my job. Is meeting people like Lindsey who I instantly connect with and can't help but adore.

But perhaps that's why Ryan fell head over heels in love with Lindsey during their senior year of high school. They started as friends, meeting for the first time during a photo session prior to a homecoming dance. But Lindsey knew it was more than that. She knew she'd be Ryan's girlfriend before the end of dinner that night. And coming from a girl who knows what she wants, she was right. That friendship turned into a relationship and that relationship turned into love and Lindsey and Ryan went from high school love birds to two individuals destined to live happily ever after. Because years later through two undergraduate degrees, one graduate degree, two semesters abroad and three years of law school, they're ready to say I Do in front of 100 of their closest friends and family members.

Lindsey and Ryan will be getting married on May 20th (the bride's 26th birthday!) at Kent Country Club in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Adorned with vintage fixtures, brass chandeliers, grand stone fireplaces and the most intimate of surroundings, the venue is the perfect fit to Lindsey's vision. Her colour palette of soft oranges, corals, muted yellows, ivories and grays and the flowers - oh my, the flowers! - which will be ranunuclus, roses and hydrangeas have my heart beating a gazillion beats per minute in admiration and excitement. Ryan, we've only chatted via email but I can't even tell you how excited I am to be a part of your big day. And Linds, you had me at ranunculus. You are going to be such a beautiful bride.


Here are some of the photos from their engagement session shot by the talented Julie Harmsen who will also be photographing their wedding. I am over the moon excited to be working with you, Julie and can't wait to meet. I have to add too, that Linds is a special education teacher so the chalkboards were the perfect little prop to their session and made for quite the cute Save the Date. Enjoy! xo

13 Lovely Comments:

Piril Maria said...

Amazing photographs. They look so happy and peaceful.



♥ Greets,
http://thebookness.blogspot.com

christine donee said...

really adorable..

Anna Elder said...

super sweet and adorable. love how the natural lighting gives it a vintage feel.

Unknown said...

Cute! I love them standing in the garden with their gardening tools :-)

julie fitts (harmsen) said...

I'm so excited to be a part of their wedding! Thrilled to be working with you too Rhi! :)

k said...

they are wayyyyy cute :) I love reading about where it will all be because i'm familiar with GR, yeah!

Michaela said...

Beautiful! Love the colors (:

Em said...

cuuuuute

It's A Love Story said...

so cute and different I like it!

A Crimson Kiss said...

These photos are absolutely lovely, but I get the feeling that if you know this couple personally, you can't help but feel all gooey when you see them!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

gorgeous couple, gorgeous background, and sure to be a gorgeous wedding.

Jenna Lee said...

very fun playful photos! I like these very much! Thanks for sharing

http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

awww the reading shot is so fun! i can tell you will have the best time with her!