Spanish Destination Wedding by Simply Jessie Photography

Happy Monday everyone! Isn't it funny how when you're away from your technological world for a few days, your entire life sort of feels like it's been flipped upside down? After four trips back and forth between Chicago and Grand Rapids, Apb, little kitty and I are finally in our humble little abode surrounded by way too many kitchen appliances and lots of things that desperately need new homes. As I type this I am sitting in a room which I can proudly now call my very own office and this week I will be sprucing it up with le paint. I am incredibly excited to share the finished product with you when it's finally complete; so anyone up for some progress photos?

In other news I have so much prettiness to share this week with you which is fabulous because I feel rejuvenated from my little break away from the laptop. I am just dying to fill your days with loveliness. So first up I have this stunning and timeless destination wedding from a gorg Spanish Monastery. If you remember this rad Chicago engagement session with the sweetest love story eva, you'll know that Ashley and Phillip are yes indeed the fabulously good looking couple in today's wedding. And throw in those bridesmaids dresses (drool), that bridal bouquet (oh my word that ginormous bloom!) and the prettiest lit ceremony backdrop and you get one stylish wedding that's just oozing with romance and sweetness. A huge thanks goes out to the lovely Jessie from Simply Jessie Photography for sending these over my way. I had the pleasure of chatting with her on the tele this weekend and she's just the best! Enjoy blogettes.


Ashley and Phillip's January destination Miami wedding treated their guests to a winter escape. They were both filled to the brim and bubbling with excitement. Not about the event, or the party, or even their beloved friends and family but about one another. It was a special kind of love. It was fresh, comfortable, protective, beautiful and such a joy to be around. I'm not one to gush normally, but it was such a beautiful day. Also can I just say that Ashley was the queen of accessories complete with killer shoes, vintage hat, sparkly jewelry an killer red lips. Both her and Phillip were an amazing blend of classic and vintage. Adds Ashley: "I was a bundle of nerves until after the ceremony was completed. After we exited as man and wife, exhaled and looked around, we were both overcome by the beauty of our surroundings. The ethereal romance of the monastery lit up by candlelight was more than we could have imaged."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Photography: Jessie and Eric Stevens, Simply Jessie Photography / Hair: Salon Couvert / Ceremony and Reception Venue: Spanish Monastery / Dress: Casablanca Bridal / Headpiece: Erin Lindsay Designs / Jewelry: The Left Bank / Menswear: Balani Suits / Bridesmaids Dresses: Max and Cleo / Cake: Yohan Herman

30 Lovely Comments:

Michaela said...

Her ring is amazing!!! And the bridesmaid dresses are adorable, too (: Great feature, girlfriend!

Naomi said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the romantic details...her dress suits her perfectly!

ChristinaBakes said...

Congrats on the move! I will be doing the big move next weekend.

The bride's dress is beautiful with all that gorgeous detailing!

Lauren said...

Those shoes are giving me heart palpitations. Ooooo weee!

Brancoprata said...

Stunning!! The photography is amazing!!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i adore the shoes! and the invitation, such a pretty pattern! xoxo jcd:: cornflake dreams

Jenna Lee said...

I love the pink accents on her shoes and hat. She is a stunning bride and these photos are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

ASHLEY said...

so gorgeous! I love her wedding gown!! Happy Monday!

Maggie {I Do Love IT} said...

The vintage style looks unexpected with the tropical backdrop. Love it!

Debbie said...

Glad you are getting settled in!
And as always, incredible photos.

April of Smidge Of This said...

Okay okay, time for me to start experimenting with red lipstick for our upcoming wedding ... she looks amazing.

Michelle Ellen Lee said...

Looooove the ring!!!

Jessie ~ Simply Jessie Photography said...

Philip and Ashley were incredible to work with, and Ashley's vintage yet timeless look was stunning. She was the QUEEN of accessories with her bright red lips and headpiece.

mallory said...

so elegant and beautiful...

Blair McLeod said...

i mean... these pictures would make the PERFECT commercial ads for that perfume!!

girl, you always find the best stuff!

Lilacandgrey said...

some seriously gorgeous photography and details :)

Nikki said...

Stunning! I love the haze in the photos too. What a beautiful wedding.

Anne T. said...

I loved this wedding and these photos! Simply gorgeous!!

Megan said...

Absolutely gorgeous wedding! I can tell that it's totally "them" and their style. I love weddings like that!

jessica // union shore said...

beautiful wedding! love the vintage feel and style...

love her gown and ring too!! :-)

Kamie said...

So gorgeous!!

A Crimson Kiss said...

You had me at that Swiss dot garter-what a GORGEOUS wedding!

Glad moving went smoothly enough, and remember something I never do-you don't have to unpack it all right this instant! This coming from the girl who's always up until 2 or 3 in the morning organizing kitchen cabinets...

clearlytangled said...

so pretty. i esp like the bouquet!

brit said...

Love the black bridesmaids dresses!

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

So beautiful! I love the BM dresses and that ring of hers! Fabulous all around.

Dorothee said...

Beautiful couple and location..
and photos. Love it.

Frances said...

stunning wedding, love those shoes! congrats on the move, its a hectic yet fun adventure moving into a new place!

christine donee said...

The ring. The beach. The stone church. The dresses. The smiles.

All so amazing.

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

Her look is so glam, I love it! And wow that ring!!

Sarah {A Paper Proposal} said...

Those shoes are SO CUTE! <3