Quirky Southern E-session by Onelove Photography

So I've completely been on the edge of my seat waiting to share this engagement with you all. You can only imagine my surprise when I myself opened my email to find this little gem of a submission waiting for me. I have an incredibly large soft spot for balloons partially due to the the fact that I had them both in my own engagement and wedding photos but mostly because they are so whimsical, fun and it's hard to not smile when you see em in pics. But then, to top off all the goodness that is this feature, Brian the groom to be, goes ahead and sends me the write up for this post which you will be able to tell from below, left me completely in awe of how much he loves his fiance Mary. I won't tell you much more except if these photos from one of my faves, the crazy talented Sara of Onelove Photography are any indication of how wonderful Mary and Brian's wedding will be, well then count me in. Happy Monday loves!


{Mary and Brian's Love Story} Oh Lord, where to start? She's been calling me Pumpkin since our second date. She will even confess she wanted to get married and have babies ASAP. But here's our Love Story and take it with a grain of salt as it's from the guy's perspective. We met in Pensacola, Florida when I was stationed  there as a flight instructor for the Navy. We had met several times in social settings, and at the time she was moving to take a job in Philadelphia. So six months passed and I went to my favourite watering hole for lunch one day and there behind the bar was Mary. Funny thing was that I remembered her name but she didn't remember me. I chatted her up and found out she had moved back to take care of her ailing mother, and had taken the bar job because she knew the owner. So, in a passive way, I pursued her by going to that bar frequently in the hope that I would be there when she had a shift. Finally, after she made one of the strongest Bloody Marys' I ever had, I gathered enough liquid courage to ask her out. She will say she was nervous and excited so she had to get me tipsy, but I tell you that she had one of the best poker faces when she said, "Yes."

Our first date was almost a disaster as I showed up to the restaurant in a t-shirt, shorts and sandals (it's a beach town in the summer mind you) and she shows up looking like a billion dollars. New shoes, new dress, hair done, manicure, pedicure and make up as perfect as a girl can get it. Needless to say say I felt like a fool, and thought I screwed it all up before it even started. Yet, we had a great time and after a few dates we were inseparable. During our courtship, my commitment to the military ended and I had to look for a job. I was hired on through a military transition program at Technicolor in Burbank, so I had to move cross country; and have a long distance relationship with Mary (albeit for a short time). After I moved, I think ten had passed and Mary called me and said "to hell with this, I'm moving out there now!" A lesson from this is: if Mary wants it, she's going to get it!

Living together we became closer and closer and I realized that she was the one I wanted to be with, and I truly loved her with all my heart. So last Christmas, we spent the holidays with my family in Houston, and the very last gift was me on one knee proposing to her. Mary was so excited that before I could remove the ring from the box, she tackled me and wouldn't let go. In the meantime, my five year old nephew asked aloud, "Why are you kissing? You need to stop that!" Everyone's a critic.


{Details Behind Their Engagement Session} First, Mary cannot take a bad photograph. She looks great in everything, even though she protests that she doesn't. Mary and I are both from the South. I'm from Texas, she's from Alabama and Florida. We are both die-hard college football fans. We also wanted the theme of southern comfort, the feeling of being outdoors among century old trees and pickett fences, Needless to say, Mary looks amazing and we have received a whole bunch of compliments on them. Sara did an amazing job!

{A Little Bit About Their Upcoming Southern Wedding} We are getting married in Houston, Texas at a chapel on the Lanier Estate. The chapel's architecture was inspired by the Italian renaissance, and looking at it you would think you were in south-east Tuscany rather than south-east Texas. The reception will be at the Westlake Club. We are still planning the details and it would all fall apart if Mary wasn't the super-organized person that she is. All I have to say is the groom's cake will be the most awesome groom's cake ever as I picked it out myself. (I know Mary will object to that last statement, but I stand by it).

37 Lovely Comments:

Piril Maria said...

Oh I love your photos so much. Wish you could be here in Norway as well.



♥ Love,
http://thebookness.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Goodness. I swear Mary must be straight out of a magazine. She is extremely photogenic.

Melanie@Unravelled Threads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

ASHLEY said...

so precious!!!! I love that he wrote the story! Happy Monday Rhi!

Unknown said...

The light is beautiful and the shot of them wrapped in the quilt is lovely!

Kirby Margaret said...

it is engagement shoots like that make me want a do-over. Maybe for an anniversary we'll have to have a love shoot! xo

Shawna said...

He is kissing her in every shot - it is the cutest thing EVER!!!!

Hilary @ Hilabeans said...

this is soo adorable! Do they have a blog by any chance? I'd love to read it! <3

Paisley Card Co said...

Oh my gosh, if that's not romantic I don't know what is. This is by far my most favorite e-session post I have seen in awhile! I'm originally from the south as well so I love me some southern comfort. And the write-up from the groom? It just keeps gettin' better!! Thanks for sharing Rhi!

I love the wooden college signs! Anyone know where they got them?

Lisa said...

Okay, WOW!! Seriously good looking couple, great style, adorable pictures, a precious story, AND they're getting married in Houston? That's the full package in my book! She is going to make a stunning bride and I can't wait to see their wedding!!
Lisa

Alexandra @ bWed Exclusive said...

They're adorable!! Seriously. So cute!

Katherine said...

WOW. Just WOW! You're right, Sara is CRAZY talented. And this couple is just stunning. Great post!

Brancoprata said...

They look like professional models!!! This is so beautiful!!!

Major Gal said...

this was such a wonderful post. i'm actually holding back tears of joy as i'm reading this at work and can't cry at my desk over people i don't even know! gorgeous photos. beautiful couple. wonderful story.

Alisha said...

Gorgeous photos. Love the pic of them standing on the tree. And I love, even more, that he's Aggie from A&M. Whoop!!


Happy Monday, dahlin!

Lizzie @ Resnarkable said...

They are ADORABLE! i love the school spirit :)

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

What a sweet love story & the cutest photos ever!

Claire Gallam said...

FREAKIN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS!!! What a fun way to bring in sports and football!

Megan said...

Oh, Rhi, this one is my absolute favorite. (Didn't I just say that last week?) Haha. I am seriously in love with this couple and she dresses divinely!

Ashley said...

i love this! so southern and my parents live in Pcola. They are too cute!

jessica // union shore said...

what an adorable couple and what awesome photos!! this just might be my favorite e-session so far!!

Kristen said...

so pretty! i love her hair!

i love how they took pics at a school- so playful

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

So adorable and I love the balloons too!

Whim Wham Life said...

Such a sweet shoot! I just love the look in their eyes. True love:-) xoxo

Nikki said...

Darling shoot! I love her outfit changes.

Michaela said...

Wowwza, she is stunning!! Her shoes are adorable. And how sweet that the fiance told their story (:

nanne said...

so precious and ROLL TIDE!!!

nanne in indiana by way of alabama

Melina said...

Gorgeous couple! It is so nice to hear the story from the guy's perspective :)

Brooke T said...

oh my goodness this is so cute!! I love that the groom wrote this :) I love her dress and I love their love story even more! Goodness I wish I could just pack up and move to where my fiance is :)

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

adorable! i love the pics :)

Steph {bubblerock} said...

OMG I love this shoot... And her little white dress, and the vintage props, and the blanket, and the phoography, and the fact that they are super lovely! Love!

A Crimson Kiss said...

Oh my goodness, stop it with all the cute! These two are just so gorgeous, I can hardly stand it!

Char said...

I love, love, love his take on how they met and the whole background, gave me happy tears. The photos are GORGEOUS, as are the people :) Thanks for sharing!

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

You've gotta love it when the group tells the story!!! And how cute are all her outfits!!

Lauren said...

So I am super behind on my blog reading, but oohhh eemmm geee! I would have bet money these two were models for a shoot. Gorgeous couple with gorgeous photos! Sigh!

Blair McLeod said...

quite loverly... even if she does like alabama! (war eagle!!)

... really interested in what the grooms cake is...

Elaine said...

Such an amazing pics....i really love them...so artistic

Anonymous said...

I agree with Paisley Card Co, anyone know where the signs are from?