Vintage Villa Wedding by Julie Harmsen Photography


You may remember this wedding from Wedding Chicks last fall. This first time I came across these photos I was instantly smitten with the lovely details, the unique colour scheme and of course the insanely gorgeous photography by Julie Harmsen. While I usually don't share weddings that are exclusive elsewhere, I just had to show this one off because it turns out, my May bride that you had the pleasure of 'meeting' yesterday (and my husband!) went to high school with Julie. I am absolutely thrilled to be working with both of these girls next month so I thought I'd show off a little bit of Julie's mad skills with one my faves of hers; this charming vintage California wedding. Seriously how fabulous are these photos? Be sure to catch all the details below from Nicole, the stunning bride!


{Nicole and Patrick's Love Story} Patrick and I met at a New Year's eve party 2006 turning into 2007. My girlfriend and her husband arranged the whole thing and it was at a club downtown San Diego. As soon as my friend Nicole and I entered the private area where the party would be held we sat next to two single guys (one of which was Patrick) and introduced ourselves. I remember thinking Patrick was very cute! Since I am very social it wasn't long before I was up and running around chatting to other people. People kept introducing Patrick and I over and over again and finally I said to him, I think people want us to meet. From that moment on we spent the entire night together talking, dancing and laughing with friends. At midnight we kissed and that was the beginning of us.

{Advice to Future Brides} As hard as it seems try to enjoy the planning process. Stop and remember it is supposed to be fun and it's about you and your fiance. Use the anxiety as positive energy to get organized and get things done. Our biggest obstacle while planning was making sure to include both families in the planning process and making sure everyone's needs are met. Everyone has a different idea of how they see the day and you need to do your best to listen and communicate your desires. Then you can compromise :)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Photographer: Julie Harmsen Photography / Ceremony Site: St. Catherines of Siena, Laguna Beach / Reception Site: The Villa, San Juan Capistrano / Videographer: Couture Motion / Dress: Modern Trouseau / Bridesmaids Dresses: Amsale / Bridesmaids Jewelry: Wendy Mink / Mens Suits: J. Crew / Catering: Ramos House Cafe / Cakes and Cupcakes: It's All About the Cake / Flowers: Stacey Fitts, Floral Occasions / Vintage Decor: Stephanie Stevens / DJ: Allen Ward, Mi Media / Guestbook Tree: bleudetoi on Etsy 

21 Lovely Comments:

HiLLjO said...

Oh the colors!!!

Oh the keys!!!

Everthing is super-gorgeous and super-fabulous. I can tell what the bride's style is even though she's in her gown... I love it!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

so many beautiful details, the color scheme is gorgeous!

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

What a gorgeous wedding.... such lovely warm colours, and the details are amazing.

Lou said...

Hello Rhi - you perfect wedding planner you. The colour scheme in this one is just so nice and calming - love the keys, love her shoes, LOVE that rock of a diamond. YUM. Now and forever you will be all things wedding to me. Your blog is the 'go-to' place for beautiful pictures. Love Me x

Anna Elder said...

this is stunning. im left kinda speechless as all the details are overwhelmingly gorgeous. i haven't seen this wedding before so i'm glad you chose to share it with us! i love it!!

Michaela said...

All the special details and touches of this wedding make me smile. I love attention to detail! The keys on that old door are so cute. AND her ring....yep, that'd be my dream ring.

<3

Ashley said...

the keys are my favorite part of this shoot. but the nye story is adorable - hello when harry met sally!

k said...

those photos are seriously stunning!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

gorgeous photos! the vintage keys are such a fun and unique touch! xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

Megan said...

Oh wow, she is one beautiful bride! I love her dress and her ring is stunning!! The keys are a fabulous touch!

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

I am in love with the color palette! It is so refreshing to see a new and unique color combo. The details like the seating chart and framed drinks are soooo great!

postcards and pretties said...

what an amazing wedding..loving all the skeleton keys!

A Crimson Kiss said...

Those flowers-I'm swooning! And I just adore all their beautiful paper details! It's going to be a gorgeous wedding!

ASHLEY said...

WOW!!! I LOVE this wedding!!! You had me at the antique keys! Love the colors too! :)

julie fitts (harmsen) said...

Again, thanks for featuring my work. This was such an amazing wedding to be a part of. The details were gorgeous but even more-so, the couple was fantastic!

Bree said...

I'm kind of obsessed with that skeleton key idea-I love skeleton keys!! Whenever I go to the flea market, I pick up a few.

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

This is gorgeous! I can't pick what I love the most! But those key place cards and that bouquet are ranking HIGH on the list!

Jess said...

This wedding is adorable! Love it!

Julie {love, julie} said...

sooo sweet! I love looking at wedding photoshoots even more now that I starting to plan my own!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

love the key detailing! one of my may 14 brides is using this in her decor as well. gorgeous.

Alexandra @ bWed Exclusive said...

OH, the colors!!! Mesmerizing!