First Anniversary Paper Shoot by Courtney Dellafiora


Happy Monday everyone! Hopefully you all had super rad weekends celebrating the official start of summer. I think I'm finally starting to feel like I'm back in the swing of things. Last week was so crazy busy with my girl cave shoot on Monday (which was so incredibly fun) and the inspiration shoot up north (which was also so incredibly fun), that when I woke up Thursday, I thought it was Saturday. And on Friday I was telling people Happy Monday. Ugh how embarrassing right? Suffice to say, I was a hot mess and ended up taking a few naps throughout the weekend to get myself back on track. That and a nice Sunday afternoon at the Bucks. So sit tight I have an entire week of pretty posts prepared for you all! Starting with this one right here.

Which leads me to explain: The first thing I thought after all the excitement came to an end following our wedding, was how can I feel like there's something big and blog-worthy to look forward to? (Before you go thinking I'm all selfish and stuff just hear me out, guys). Like most girls, and especially as a wedding blogger, getting back my professional wedding photos was one of the highlights of post-marital bliss, and once that was all said and done, I was itching to get engaged all over again just to have another engagement session. But whose kidding who, that wasn't going to happen. Enter this adorable and clever shoot idea sent over from Courtney Dellafiora; why not celebrate your first anniversary (you know, the one that's all about paper) with a fun photo shoot? Obviously, I'm all over this wicked idea. Scroll on to catch the amazing details prepared by the gorgeous Deirdra, who happens to be Courtney's wonderful assistant. This is one post you'll want to bookmark, blogettes! xo


{From the beautiful, Deirdra} The inspiration from this shoot started with the concept of our first anniversary being another chapter in Duston and I's Love Story. We met in college and have really gotten the opportunity to grow with one another from college life, starting our first careers, getting engaged, making the commitment of a lifetime together, and now living out our life dreams with one another. I wanted the shoot to capture the chapter of our first anniversary by having a very soft, passionate setting. On your first anniversary, you are supposed to give paper gifts to one another (a boudoir album was definitely the best paper gift ever to give him!) Therefore, I wanted to try and incorporate paper into the shoot as much as possible. Some of the paper items I created up for the shoot were: paper flowers for the bouquet, boutonniere and vases which were jars wrapped in paper doilies, tissue balls to hand from the ceiling of the barn, paper doilies found under the desserts and place settings; a paper umbrella used for a prop, and awesome paper invitations, menu cards, dessert cards, and banners were made by Lauren VanZandt. The set included many items borrowed from my grandmother and mother which made it even more personal as each of the tea pots, plates, platters and some furniture had meaningful history behind it. I do not think our love story could have been captured any more perfectly then by the one and only Courtney Dellafiora, and I hope that she captures the many chapters that lie ahead in our lives. (To see the rest of the beautiful shots from their shoot head over here).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Photography: Courtney Dellafiora / Hair/Makeup: Courtney Davis, Kiki's Consulting / Paper Goods: Lauren VanZandt, Everyday's a Soirée /  Deirdra's dress: Bustle / Couch: The Estate Center / Bouquet, boutinniere, decorations, hairpieces: Deirdra Doré / Bowtie: XOELLE

31 Lovely Comments:

jacin {lovely little details} said...

what a gorgeous couple, love the soft colors! question - was that her wedding dress? so so pretty :)

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

Ooh, this is so dreamy! I love the little teacups, the setting, and their sweet looks. Darling!

Steph {bubblerock} said...

I think I need a first anniversary shoot. I do... This is lovely. They are gorgeous and the whole thing is beautiful.

Victoria said...

This is going on my to do list for the anniversary :) The paper details are perfection. LOVE!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

gorgeous, dahling! Great concept behind the shoot too. xo, chrissy.

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

wow! one of the best shoots i've seen lately! i love the color palette! not to mention, they're a beautiful couple!

Michaela said...

This is so incredibly stunning. I just love this bride. She feels like she'd be so fun and sweet. Her eyes are BEAUTIFUL! What a great idea for a shoot (:

Naomi Goodman said...

What a great idea to relive the fun of having your photos taken all over again at your first anniversary! Yup, you had a very FULL week and I'm glad that all went well, sweet pea! Hope you have a great Monday and an even better week! I will see you really soon! Yay {throws confetti} xo

Nikki said...

Oh that bow tie and bubble skirt are just too sweet. Love the headware too. What a beautiful bride.

Elizabeth Kaye said...

Oh so beautiful!!!!! I want to photograph that woman, she is drop dead :) love the softness and pretty light. melts me!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

what a cute photoshoot, i love this idea! so sweet. xo jillian:: ps im hosting a judy kaufmann print giveaway!

Courtney Dellafiora said...

Aw yay yay yay!! Thanks so much Rhi for the wonderful feature!! You're the best!!! xoxo

Sara said...

This couple is stunning! I love the soft colors and natural poses!

Lisa said...

I adore this! What an adorable idea. Once I get married, I can see myself trying to convince my husband to let me design an anniversary shoot every year :P We'll see how that goes haha :)

clearlytangled said...

wonderful idea! love the teacups, and what gorgeous photos.

_ffyona said...

I adore the color palette and all the paper goods! And i think the shoot captured what the bride wanted! It's so gorg.

Heart you too!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Holy moly she's gorgeous ... and speaking of gorgeous, is that rose gold flatware?!?!

Jenna Lee said...

Such cute an romantic photos. She is stunning and I love his suspenders. Very pretty pics.

Kirby Margaret said...

so lovely and so much fun! I can't wait to put on my wedding dress and take fun photos...sigh

postcards and pretties said...

so so sweet and romantic!!

Claire Gallam said...

They look SO happy. Like, you would have thought this was a wedding shoot. How cute. And that happy little wife is GORGEOUS.

Ashley said...

the bride is gorgeous!!!!! wow!!!

A Crimson Kiss said...

This is GORGEOUS! I'm in pretty heaven right now!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend, darling!

xox, Lena

Kelly Hicks said...

Things have been pretty hectic for me these last couples weeks too! And I thought summer was a time for some relaxing... Anyways, love the idea of a one year anniversary photoshoot! And these pictures are simply gorgeous!

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

I am with you 100%. Except instead of just another e-session, I kind of want multiple weddings. Not because I am not completely in love with how mine turned out but because there are so many fab idea out there! This shoot is gorgeous, and brilliant and I better start planning one of my own!

Spun Sugar Suite said...

This is by far one of the loveliest photo shoots I have seen! The gorgeous details, sweet theme and dreamy colors are breathtaking!

Erin said...

soooooooooo sweet! & i love her dress!

Paloma said...

So, so pretty! Macarons in hay? Love.

Sandra Downie said...

This is one beautiful shoot! The dress, macarons, location,,,it all works so well!

Liesl said...

Love, love, love the idea of a 1st anniversary shoot...this is just beautiful and a wonderful way to mark that milestone in their life together!

Liesl :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Love love your blog :) beautiful photographs... you are now on my "dailies" list!