Spring Inspired Shoot by Simply Bloom Photography


You know what's funny, blogettes? I have a blogging bucket list. I've always thought bucket lists were rather daunting when it came to life as a whole, but making a bucket list (or rather, a fancy-titled list of goals) that pertain to this little blog here, was totally a ton of fun and really has helped me stay motivated and inspired. One of the things on that list of mine has always been to feature an exclusive shoot and wedding from my most fave photogs of all time, the sweet Christine and Vania from Simply Bloom. Imagine how fabulous it was then, to get this submission from them with news that it would be exclusive to Hey Gorg? I probably celebrated that day with a Starbucks. A Starbucks Venti that is. Then proceeded to tell Christine and Vania that they were already hired for my maternity session (all of this coming from a girl who never wants kids. I've lost my mind).

Enough about me though because this shoot is way too gorgeous for words. The thing about Simply Bloom is not only does every single shot look like something sent from above, but these chicks have an acute sense of style that makes even bunnies, fruits and veggies look downright stunning. Check out some of my fave shots below and to catch more fabulousness from these two head over to the Simply Bloom blog where I promise you find yourself submerged in pure prettiness. Christine and Vania, thank you from the bottom of my heart! I can't wait for you to one day shoot my belly; emphasis on the one day part :)


{About the shoot, from Simply Bloom} When we dreamed up this session we had major spring fever. Everything seemed on the verge of birth. We were inspired by Caravaggio's Bacchus for this spring-themed shoot and incorporated real fruit, a rabbit, and a hand-crafted headpiece overflowing with fruits and extravagant florals - an important element in Caravaggio's paintings. We appropriately held the shoot in an orchard at its flowered peak. While we were working to bring our vision to life, we knew we needed a powerful and meaningful colour palette. Our favorite resource for color and inspiration boards is always Magnolia Rouge; we chose this gorgeous board as a starting point: 

What do you think, guys? Pretty spectacular right? Enjoy your morning :) xo

34 Lovely Comments:

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

Stunning. It's pure summer goodness from the light and airy photography to the bunnies...and I {as always} adore this board from Kate!

Alexis said...

Simply adore.

Michaela said...

So stunning. I love the soft light and how it was inspired by Caravaggio!! Check this off your bucket list, sweet thing!

Fash Boulevard said...

your writing takes my breath away every time. it's seriously beautiful. even more so than these gorgeous photos. thanks for another inspiring post. would love if you stopped by to see my latest outfit post and celebrity trend report. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Don't forget to follow on twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news from an LA stylist.

http://twitter.com/#!/fashboulevard

Triggi Designs said...

That dress - and those pants - and the photography - and the wreaths - I am gasping.

Keri said...

Beautiful. I love that bike!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

those headpieces are fantastic! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

cindy* said...

oh goodness, what a stunner to wake up to. simply dreamy!!

postcards and pretties said...

I can't get over how fabulous this shoot & inspiration board are!! LOVE!!!

Kirby Margaret said...

I'm speechless! I love their style and the lighting is great(not that I know a thing about photography and light, but it all looks beautiful!

Lisa said...

WOW!! Completely breathtaking. The concept and lighting are my favorite parts--seriously, a shoot modeled after Caravaggio paintings? Amazing. So glad you got to check this off your blog bucket list (such a good idea!!) and share it with us! :)
Lisa

Alisha said...

Bunnies, fruits, veggies, oh my! Love this fun springy session. So happy for you, doll, yay for exclusive features!! :)

xoxo

jacin {lovely little details} said...

very much looks like an ad for anthro! very cool and different!

Glamour and Grace said...

Wow, that last image is just mesmerizing! Gorgeous work as always!

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Contrats to you for having the opportunity to work with photographers you so admire - you deserve two ventis I think...

XO
Lenore

ag. said...

What a sweet, sweet shoot! I just love those birds in her hair!

Naomi Goodman said...

The last image of the girl is just breathtaking! What a lovely shoot! Wow!

Adding the finishing touch said...

Stunning! It's so inspirational and pretty :)

Victoria said...

Wowza! BREATH TAKING! I love every detail.

Unknown said...

these are gorgeousssss!! love it.

Claire Gallam said...

Um. Wow.

WOW.

Colleen {Soundtrack To I Do} said...

So beautiful. And... I love bunnies.

Blair McLeod said...

so whimsical! she is like a ferry or little wood nymph.

Em said...

EEK! this is amazing. and also, I want a BUNNY!!

Spun Sugar Suite said...

The SImply Bloom ladies are so incredibly talented, I am so in love with all their photo shoots and this is no exception... stunning!

Ashley said...

wow! what talent! perfect model for the shoot and i am in love with her swallow hair piece.

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

All around gorgeous- the shoot, the board- all of it! The way they always manage to capture lighting in the most amazing way is mind blowing!

Anonymous said...

How I love the idea of the bunny! So cute...but where's the dress?

A Crimson Kiss said...

The BUNNY. As if these dreamy, romantic, gauzy photos weren't enough (and would someone please figure out how those girls do it?!), there's a BUNNY.

This is heavenly, Rhi!

xox, Lena

Abby Grace Photography said...

Tha bird hairpiece is so awesome! I want one!

Teagan Mercer said...

What a precious shoot! I love that bunny rabbit in the images...perfect!

Hollie Ann said...

Stunning headpieces!

ashley nicole catherine said...

this is FABulous!! love the dreamy photography!

xo.ashley

Morlee said...

I'm so glad I found your blog!! It's stunning!