The Girl Cave


Eeeek! Guys, I am so totally happy to finally share all of these photos with you :) I know some of you have seen the amazing feature that the sweet Jen put together over at Made By Girl. But I too wanted to share the beautiful photos Jenna McKenzie took because I have loved 'em to pieces since the moment I got them back. Looking back on all of my Girl Cave progress posts from the past few months (which you can find here, here and here) it seems like I've really talked this space up; so I am hoping that these photos fill your expectations and more. And I hope all you chicks out there find the inspiration to morph a space in your home, into the perfect cave for you. Thank you so much, Jen! Big hugs. And Jenna, you're a rockstar. Xo


Like I mentioned over at Made By Girl, I've since traded out the blue nailhead chair for two purple-gray armless versions (which are pretty rad), and flip flopped the furniture in my office to better accommodate clients and guests. But I have to say I just love that blue chair and thought it was an awesome purchase for $299 (HomeGoods). It currently sits in our bedroom. The silver lamp base is from Ikea and the white lampshade is from Target. The zebra carpet which has quickly become one of my most favorite details in the room, is from Overstock and was a deal at $180. And remember those white acrylic chairs I told you all that I hated? Well I bought the carpet once I returned the chairs. The white waste basket was $9 from HomeGoods and is used to house my wrapping paper and ribbon. It's a fun little detail that adds a little colour to the room.


My desk is the Josephine desk from World Market, and was on sale for $170 when I bought it back in February. It has a few chips and scratches on it now from bumping it into things during our move, but I adore it because it looks like a cross between West Elm's Parsons Desk (which I wanted so badly but couldn't justify buying) and a desk I loved over at Crate and Barrel. The drawer doesn't open nearly far enough but I love my desk and hope to use it for at least the new few years. My silver cake stands are from Target and my gold rimmed blue tumblers are from a vintage shop downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. The white book case is from Ikea (and is such a versatile piece). The white rhino head was a birthday present from my husband for my 25th birthday; remember how badly I wanted this guy? He's from Z Gallerie, and my turquoise geometric print dress is from Lulus. The silver gymnast statue was a birthday gift from my sweet Mum, when I was growing up.


I just love having that pink wall. It's totally my fave thing in our apartment (I don't remember the colour but it's a Martha hue). My gray desk chair is from World Market and is actually a dining room chair. It was on sale for $100. The pink cake stands are from Marshalls. The white bowl is vintage, as are the sea foam green wall hooks. The Mrs hanger is from LilaFrances on etsy and is from our wedding. The green floral print and pink Greek key pillows were hand sewn by me and the white pillow is a ring bearer pillow from Hobby Lobby. The pink flower stud earrings are from Forever 21 (Christina, I know you asked :) and the milk glass vases are vintage etsy. My curtains are from Target and are clipped back to the wall because they are too long. And I'm too lazy to sew 'em. And they're clipped to the wall with thumbtacks. That's how I roll, people.


Be jealous of my peonies. Sometimes I find myself staring intently at them for long periods of time. And you can be a little jealous of my vintage teal tea cart too. I love that it doesn't really match anything in the entire room; except my blue tumblers. One day I'll use the cart and the tumblers to start a really cool mini bar but until then it houses my craft supplies. And it's pretty to look at.


Keep Calm and Hey Gorg On, blogettes. I don't care what everyone seems to say these days about these posters becoming cliche. I love my custom Keep Calm print; it was custom framed at Hobby Lobby. The silver frame on the white shelf is a vintage find and the canvas of the bouquet is from my first Inspiration Shoot and the one that Style Me Pretty featured on Valentines Day. My floral dress is from Forever 21 and the wire letter "R" is Anthropologie. Gray cardigan from Express.

And because everyone loves a good Before and After...


One more just for kicks:


And proof that Girl Cave's make you really happy. See?


Oh and because this little guy works overtime to keep me company all day and night, I had to include some him in here too!


Hugs, everyone!

98 Lovely Comments:

Natalie said...

I loved this feature, your girl cave exceeded my expectations! I love how your pieces are gorgeous, yet attainable, you have such an amazing eye! Thanks for sharing with us!

Liesl said...

I was SO excited to see your Girl Cave and I knew you wouldn't let me down!!! I just love it and see that you and I have the same little pink and silver boxes from IKEA in our office areas! :) I can't wait to have a clean, organized space like this in our house one day...so exciting and I love all your little details and that fabulous find chair! You look beautiful! I'm off to check out your feature now...woo hoo!!!

Liesl :)
xoxo

Silvana said...

Oh how lovely. Really great transformation. I love the image with the sweet red shoes in the background!

Hollie Ann said...

Awesome awesome photos! I loveeee the light blue chair. I need a girl cave!

Unknown said...

What a great room makeover Rhiannon! And you look adorbs in the pics:-) I have a zebra print rug in my office space too, what a fun look huh?!

Seriously your space is inspiring!!!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with your "girl cave!!" such a great job and so pretty =)

Rosie said...

Ri you truly outdid yourself! If this were my working space I would never want to leave home. Congrats, it's absolutely stunning!

Shell Sherree said...

Your girl cave is gorgeous. Pretty, feminine, neat, elegant and welcoming all rolled up into a beautiful pastel package. And as for your little guy ~ I'm smitten.

jacin {lovely little details} said...

congrats on the pretty feature! you're doing big things, keep it up lady :)

Free Pretty Things For You said...

SOOO YOU!!!! Vintag-ie , Modern, Classy and GORGEOUS!!Totally YOU! :)

Gawgus things... said...

Can't tell you how much I love your space! It's just too divine for words :) xxx

Unknown said...

I'm obsessed rhi!! everything is gorgeous. i'm gonna be coming to you for advice when we get a real human home. one day.

and i don't know what to PIN first (:

Amy said...

I've literally been waiting for this and gasped when I saw that you posted the pics. :) I love the room. It's totally my style.

Keep blogging, love. I thouroughly enjoy your posts.

Piril Maria said...

I am fallin for your work. AMazing as usual.


thebookness.blogspot.com

Beau lifestyle said...

Hi I came over from made by girl, i love your style and office. whish you could plan my wedding...but europe is a bit far away...

Unknown said...

I am so in love with your space! A little jealous too. I wish I had an extra room to transform into a gorgeous creative Girl Cave where I could draw even more girly drawings. sigh

Beau lifestyle said...

ooooh and i love your dresses. Does that shop has an online store or website.
-Love- Chantal

gfs said...

Gorgeous Rhi - I just love it! It's so you too that little bit of pink and with a fresh modern vintage twist! It makes such a difference to work in a space that you love and I can see some fabulous work coming out of this little office :)

All the best from Oz xx

Jessica of Fine and Fleurie said...

So stinkin' cute, Rhi! Seriously lovely :)

Keri said...

Beautiful! What a fabulous place to work :)

Kerry said...

Oh Lady, I saw these over on Jen's blog and I fell in love! The room looks so fab! I absolutely adore it. You did such a great job :) xx

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

what a wonderful space! i love your white dress too!!! where did you get it? :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job!! I love the crisp whites with the little splatters of color throughout. So chic!

Melanie@Unravelled Threads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

Kirby Margaret said...

the room looks great! it makes me want to plan a trip to come for a visit and hang out in there!

Marie said...

I LOVE your office! It is just PERFECT!
And I adore your blog so I´m now a follower :)
xx Marie House Chic

Carly said...

It is all about the little details and you did such an amazing job on them...love the new Girl Cave!

cindy* said...

so much loveliness!! i spied your little pink depression glass teacup...I have one just like it!

Nora Rose said...

I've been seriously lusting after that rug on Overstock.com. Did you feel it was good quality for the price? I'm redoing my office too and this is the best inspiration!!!

Mademoiselle Michael Blog said...

#Winning! Perfect balance of elegance and professionalism for all of your lovely clients. Great job!!!

Leah said...

Wow, you really did a great job! Enjoy it, you deserve it.

xo L.

Kody said...

I was so excited to see this was up! My favorite post so far!

ASHLEY said...

it's so amazing RHI!!! I LOVE every little bit!!!!! Perfection! And I am so jealous :)

Brooke T said...

I still can't believe how amazing this is! I also love the before pictures because to turn that into what you turned it into is amazing and definitely my inspiration for when we move into our first apartment!

Jenna Lee said...

I love that hanger. Where did you get it. I need one. The whole "cave" is amazing. Its perfect! Love the hug pic!

Brancoprata said...

Oh.I.LOVE.THIS!!! It was SO worth the wait!!!!!

Jen Feeny said...

Love it!!! Esp the "Hey Gorg on" sign!

Anonymous said...

Love everything about this - it has inspired my own office when I purchase my first house one day. Thanks for sharing & enjoy!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Yep, absolutely amazing, just what I expected! You did a fantastic job Rhi and it's got to be a pleasure working from that pretty pretty space.

Erin Walsh Design said...

OMG Rhi!! I love every inch of this space! I would never leave home, so amazing:)

Lisa said...

Okay seriously Rhi... if you ever get tired of wedding planning, just be an interior designer. And a model on the side. You/your office are completely gorgeous!!
Hope you're having a great week! :)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a lovely space you have created!! I adore it!

Abby Grace Photography said...

This post makes me really excited for one day when I have my own space to decorate. Right now I work out of my living room in our one bedroom flat. it's depressing. but this post was really encouraging!

Unknown said...

LOOOOOOVE!!!

Vatne Designs said...

So excited to see the finished room and it is gorgeous, of course!! Beautiful job Rhi!

Caroline said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! XO!

Ashley said...

this room is totally you. may you feel driven, happy and inspired in there every day! keep up the good work!

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

It looks like such a calming room! I love it! I especially love that adorable hanger! too cute! nice work!

claire gallam said...

so cute. love love.

Kelly Hicks said...

This room is so pretty! Love the Keep Calm print! I'm in the process of making my own girl cave. I hope it turns out as lovely as yours!

Melz said...

Rhiannon! This office is Beautiful!!! Such great taste! I love it all! You did a fabulous job! Keep on postin'! :)

Allison @ Engaged & Inspired said...

Very very chic! I love all the little deets. I keep telling my husband that one of these days I will actually create a cute office and work there. Right now I am all over the place !

Alicia - Bakeaholic said...

Love it! It looks absolutely perfect. I love love love the chairs and carpet. I wish I had another room in our apartment to make into a 'girl cave'! But sadly I will have to stick to re-doing our living room :)

Naomi Goodman said...

Perfectly Rhi! I love it!! xo

Belle on Heels said...

so perfect, rhi! i pink puffy heart it!

Astrid said...

Love the Girl Cave! Very Pretty!

Laura *You Stir Me* said...

this office is totally living up to my expectations, Rhi! It's everything that you and your blog/company are - clean, refreshing, romantic, smart and gorgeous! Oooo and inspiring. Very inspiring. Congrats!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Super cute and so you!! Love all the details. So much personality. And so peaceful feeling! xo, chrissy.

Life,Styled said...

It looks amazing, and so perfectly you!!!! I love, love, love that cart ;-)))))

xoxo
kristi

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

It looks incredible! You did a beautiful job! It is the PERFECT place to stay inspired and get work done!

Michaela said...

GIRL. I'm so darn proud of you. This is amazing. Like I've said all along (: And just so everyone knows, I've seen the purply chairs and they ROCK. So fun to see it on Made by Girl!!!!

xoxoxo

Nikki said...

I love it! Need an assistant? I'll fetch coffee so you never have to leave ;)

ashley nicole catherine said...

lovelovelove this!! you've done such an amazing job transforming that space! and what great inspiration. thanks for the tip on overstock - just might buy a rug from there!

xo.ashley

ag. said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I'm so impressed by the transformation...and you make it seem so easy!

Nicole said...

Love it! I NEED a girl cave!

Angelica said...

Lovely space! what camera do you have? nice pictures.

Design Apprentice said...

I could not be happier for you! Both your gorgeous cave and you look amazing. Such a beautiful venue for any lucky bride to have her day planned.

Lori said...

It is beyond gorgeous Rhi ~ I love it and it suits you to a "t". xo

Shal said...

You are SO creative, I love it all and all the details. I am so lucky to be working with you for my big day :) xo

A Crimson Kiss said...

Such an AMAZING before and after! Your girlcave is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, and I only wish my office looked like this!

But I'd have a revolt in my nearly all-male office. A girl can dream...

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

i love it! i want a girl cave!

Colourrich said...

I want me a girl cave!! Thanks so much for sharing and your detailed 'where to find' descriptions. I bet you are SO productive here :D

Jackln said...

WOW! I absolutely adore it! I love your girl cave. Those chairs are my favorite part!

Emily Henning said...

I love this and I'm totally jealous now, thanks. :)

Megan said...

It is absolutely amazing, Rhi!! I love every single precious, girly detail!!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

As I've said before, BRAVO BRAVO!!!!! Job well done : ) And the chairs you ended up with are point on, much better than our first choice!

ChristinaBakes said...

Thanks for replying to my tweet and answering my question. :)

Can you please help me pick out colors for our main room? ;)

Tash said...

Keep Calm and Hey Gorg On, love it!!
This has you written all over it Rhi! What an amazing job, everything is so incredibly pretty and i'm sure the inspiration just flows in an office like this!
Gorgeous!
Hugs back at you,
Natasha xx

Soulful Mama said...

Love, love, love your girl cave! Your desk actually reminds me a little of mine! Great taste haha! Loving the before & afters. Great job.

~ Clare x

Gracie said...

Oh my gosh!! This is utterly amazing. I would definitely love my own space like that. Great work!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Saw this over on Jen's blog and I absolutely ADORE every bit of it! So glamour-chic and romantic! Perfect for the wedding mindset! You look gorgeous in the photos!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Saw this over on Jen's blog and I absolutely ADORE every bit of it! So glamour-chic and romantic! Perfect for the wedding mindset! You look gorgeous in the photos!

Natasha said...

love love LOVING your new workspace rhi!! gorgeous just like we knew it would be..i'd be happy to work in that lovely space ANY day of the week sweetie ;)

Kristen said...

i love it rhi! totally gorgeous!

Tonya Peterson said...

It is beautiful in pictures and even more amazing in person. Love you to pieces!!!

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

I AH-dore your space Rhi!! So glamorous... I would never want to leave it!
xxxx

Something Old, Something New said...

oh my gosh this is just awesome! you did a really great job. Want to come redecorate my room for me? :) BTW I love that white dress - where is it from??

Emily said...

Sweet Blog! I love your space. Sweet inspirations. I saw your blog via MadeByGirl. I also posted some of your images on my blog www.lucitelavender.com Happy Blogging!

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

Girl you rocked it!!!! I am in love with everything - every detail! I am swooning over the colors, furnishings, accessories. You just have fab style and taste :)

Enjoy the cave!

christine, just bella said...

Eeeee!! Rhi! This is so flippin' fantastic. Talk about motivation to work, this room is a gem. You did such an amazing job!

Sandra Downie {The White Library} said...

This is awesome! Lovely girl cave! The colors and style are really pretty!

Paloma said...

If I came into this space as a bride, I would 1) Know my wedding was in good hands and 2) Be so inspired to get to work with you on it!

natasha {schue love} said...

Oh my goodness! It looks beyond beautiful! You did an amazing job...so much eye candy in this space...the desk being such a stunning anchor! Major kudos!!!

Morlee said...

I love how it's simple & yet has gorgeous details! It's crazy what a little detail can do to a space!

Ashley said...

I was waiting for the reveal of your "girl cave" and it looks amazing! (: I actually just ordered the Josephine desk from World Market.. and I can't wait to get it. I'm hoping to find an armless chair similar to yours, but for now I'll keep looking. There are so many beautiful pieces in your girl cave... I can see what it makes you happy. (:

Surround yourself with beauty and you can't help but see beauty.

Unknown said...

WOW, that is absolutely gorgeous!! what an inspiring space!

jessica // union shore said...

absolutely amazing, rhi!! i love every single detail!! i'd be so happy to work in an office like that... :) you have me inspired to make a few changes in my own space! xo

I BLEED PINK said...

I am in love with how this all came out!! Having a place like this can only lead to wonderful things!

jenny Haas said...

I am so in love with your office!!!